Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Good Week

I am sitting here at my kitchen table typing today! I got my hot-pink...excuse me, flamingo pink laptop in yesterday and my wireless router came in also. I love it! This is going to be fantastic!

I have had a fantastic week so far! Sunday we drove to the river where we built my in-laws cabin, and looked at ours which we started about 3 weeks ago. The roof is on it and it looks great. I'm glad my hubby's so talented! We built ours right on the river bank. The views are amazing. I will post pics when I figure out how to do it on this thing! I stood on the deck and looked up and down the river. It was crystal clear and I closed my eyes and could hear the water flowing downstream, rippling and such. It was a beautiful, peaceful moment. I think it's going to be my "happy place." My getaway, my safe haven, my refuge, from phone calls, doctors, etc. I can't wait until it's done! We made the rounds to our river neighbors, visiting. Then we went out to Maya's in PB for the best mexican food you could ever put in your mouth! Then backed that up with Dairy Queen where we all got blizzards! Family together-ness!

Monday, Kim and I went for another walk in the park. I couldn't resist the urge to run yesterday though, and got on the treadmill and ran 4 miles before she got here! It just feels so good to run right now. I don't know if it's because I am not doing as much or what, but getting up to a jog feels amazing. Kim stayed here all day yesterday, thank goodness, and she studied for a Microbiology test she had today...she just texted me and she bombed it. Guess that's what happens when you spend the afternoon watching Sunday's Desperate Housewives rather than studying! lol. But it was a great episode...I loved it! Last night Tyler had a home game. Just the 8th grade boys played and they lost. None of the boys really seemed very into it from the beginning. Maybe it was just second week exhaustion. They will get used to the schedule as it goes on. He has another game tonight, but I guess we'll have to miss it. :-( I hate that, but I really don't want to get up at 4am tomorrow to leave for St. Louis.

I got early this morning and ran 6 miles. It started my day off great! Then I recieved a phone call from a good friend of ours in Chicago wishing us well so that was great too. So we are leaving this afternoon. My surgery starts at 1115am "ish". I'm still hoping it will be earlier, so I can get it over with. I'm not scared, just anxious for it to be over and back awake! I've NEVER been put out before so this is all new to me. I will stay overnight at the hospital and get to come home on Thursday. I believe that God still performs miracles everyday, and He is greater than anything from this world, so He will take good care of me.

Michelle is on her way here right now with lunch for us so I'm going to go for now. Now that I have this handy-dandy thing, hopefully I will be able to post while we are gone. If not, keep the prayers coming and I will post after I get home. Thank you all again, so much for your kind words, comments, and emails. I read every one of them over and over and I am drawing so much strength from them! I feel ready to kick some booty!

"...And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."
1 Corinthians 10:13

4 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Your computer sounds so cute :0)

HOORAY FOR A FANTASTIC WEEK!!!! Loving the positivity, Erica!! Keep it up!! :0)

Simple and Divine said...

It'll be over before you know it and you'll be lacing up your sneaks for a fabulous run in the crisp, fall, fresh and clean air! Fabulous!

Again, you're such a spirit, Er, we're all holdin up HIGH! My best wishes and prayers to you, girl! XO

Haven said...

Just another note from Maine to say you continue to be in my thoughts, I join with Simple and Divine in saying that we are holding you up. Up and in the light - in the palm of God's hand - you are surrounded by safe loving energy - I cannot wait to hear that you are awake, done with the surgery and feeling better than you thought you would!

PS: I hope you saw Oprah yesterday:)

Samantha said...

I loved Desperate Housewives on Sunday - I am so excited for the new season. I wish you all the best during your surgery - you are always in my thoughts. Lots of hugs to you Erica!!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...