Friday, September 26, 2008

A Change of Pace

Sometimes all we need is a change of pace. Kim and I went to one of our local parks this morning and walked about 4 miles. It was a beautiful morning for it. The sun was shining through the trees and you could hear the birds chirping and the frogs croaking. It was a God-given morning!



Last night Tyler had his second ballgame and boy did he show up to play! He played up to the 8th grade team (he's in 7th) and he got to start. They won their game 34-29, and Tyler had 22 points! He had 4 3-pointers! He was on fire. I was so proud of him. Then when he came out of the locker room, he was mobbed by like 6 Jr. High girls telling him what a good job he did and how awesome he was! I'm not quite sure I was ready for that! When we got home he said he wasn't sure if he'd be able to sleep or not...I said "from the game or the girls?" He said he wasn't sure! LOL! But it was a good night and a wonderful change of pace.



Tonight we have another basketball game, this one is away...only 30 minutes away though so that's good. Tomorrow we are going to Springfield, to go wig shopping. I decided to go ahead and get one so I would have it when I need it, and especially in case they have to order it, we will have extra time. We are getting one made from real hair that my stylist (a dear friend from childhood and now, and she's going too) can highlight and cut just like mine. I think it will be an interesting experience. My hubby, always the jokster, says he wants one in every color so we can shake things up a bit! Nice, honey. I can always count on him to lighten the mood!



Kim and I are going to grab some lunch...she went to pick us up salads so we going to eat and gab some more. Like we haven't done enough of that already!! My girlfriends have been my lifesavers! I hope you all have the bestest girlfriends, too!



"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Gorgeous atmosphere for the walk!!

Congratulations to your son and his team!!

Happy Friday!! :0)

Simple and Divine said...

YOU GO Er.

<3

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...