Sunday, September 7, 2008

Party Hard

Well I survived...barely. I was SO exhausted last night, we didn't get to bed until midnight. That's late for us! Tyler was so surprised last night! My hubby brought him home around 630pm and most everybody was already there. When he saw the SHUND sign at the bottom of the hill, it began to click. But when he got to the top of the driveway, he was so excited! It was quite a time! An hour after they got there he was still saying, "How did I NOT know?? I can't believe nobody told me!" Truthfully, I can't either! Half of our Jr. High knew about it, but somehow they all managed to keep it a secret. I'm surprised, and proud.

We grilled hot dogs and had chips for dinner. And of course birthday cake and ice cream! It was huge and Lisa, a lady here in our town who decorates cakes on the side, did an amazing job! And it was good, too! teehee I had 2 pieces!


After the band finished their set (they played for about an hour), everybody hung out and visited. Kids played outside, inside, and everywhere; they had so much energy and couldn't care less what time was! The boy/girl "thing" went very well, I think. 7 boys, 4 girls and they had a ball.

I think he may be the cool kid when he goes back to school tomorrow. You know, the one who has a rock band for his 13th birthday party. Does that make us the cool parents?? *lol!*


Tyler when he first got here! He couldn't believe it!


SHUND kicks off the night!


Our very good friends Michelle and Adrian and their 2 kids, Hailey (Tyler's age) and Spencer (1 yr. younger than Zachary), were the last to leave; they stayed until 1130pm. We always have so much fun with them! We all went to school together. Michelle and I were in the same class in school (Class of '96!) and ironically we were both cheerleaders all the way through school except our sr. year because we were both pregnant. No pact, believe me! But it was kinda neat to have someone to share it all with, we got married 5 months apart, and Tyler and Hailey are 5 months apart. It's sweet because they are good friends now, although I think they're starting to "spark" a little (but they'd never admit it!), and we are still very good friends too. Michelle just finished up her Nurse Practitioner last month, and I am very proud of her. And they just built a new house...they've had a busy summer!


Tyler and a few of his friends listening to music. That's Tyler in the red Hollister shirt. The cute, blonde one! I can't believe he's 13 tomorrow!







See the Christmas lights my sister and I hung on part of the porch? We hung those up all around the railings and on the porch overhang. They looked really cool when it got dark!





My sister, Jessica, and my Mom listening to the music. Jessica is a Kindergarten teacher and she and her hubby, Jason, are stock contractors for PBR and bull-riding events. They raise and breed bucking bulls. They have been married 2 years. I'm trying to get her to give me another neice or nephew! My Mom is CEO of Missouri Highlands Healthcare here in Southeast Missouri. She is a RN, with her master's in Public Health. She's awesome...and one of my very best friends!

I will post more pics later, they are on my Dad's camera and I'm waiting for him to email them to me. Hurry up, Dad! Anyway, the party was a great success, but I'm kinda glad it's over...we pulled it off and now we can collapse! His actual birth"day" is tomorrow so I'll cook whatever he wants for dinner, he'll probably say chicken and dumplings, so I'll prepare myself. As for today, I got up this morning at 830am. By far the latest I have slept in probably 3 or 4 weeks. I went to bed with a splitting headache and woke up with one too. Nothing that a couple ibuprofen couldn't handle, though. I took down all the lights, threw away the trash and put away all the chairs and came downstairs to run. I put on 2 episodes of "Desperate Housewives" and sat my pace and just went. It felt so good. I could've gone further, but I ran out of show! I'm going to enjoy my peaceful afternoon (hopefully), and look forward to watching the Colts play tonight on tv. Yay! I hope you all have a peaceful afternoon, as well!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I can't get over how amazing that cake is!!

Glad you had fun!! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday :0)

Jenna said...

Aw! Everything looks wonderful.....especially that cake!!! :)

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...