Monday, September 8, 2008

It's Official

I have a teenager. I can't hardly believe it. Seems like only yesterday I was holding him in my arms thinking, "Wow, I'm a mom!" I was only 17, Jack was 19 and we were so happy and proud...and scared. But as I have come to find out, through the joys of having more children, that this feeling really doesn't change no matter how young, or old you may be. Whether you are 17, 27, or 57, the simple fact that God has given you this life to nurture and love is an overwhelming concept, but at the same time completely wonderful. I believe all babies are a blessing from God and Tyler was not given to us in our time, but in God's time. God blessed us with the greatest gift and in doing so, entrusted us to bring Tyler up a way that brings glory to Him. I hope we are doing a good job...I think we are doing ok! He's a pretty good kid!





But unfortunately for our little teenager, he had to go to school today! At least basketball practice is after school this week, so he did get to sleep in a little. Good thing, too, because I gave him Benadryl last night for the tons of chigger bites he got while playing around in the woods on Saturday night. They were itching so bad! For those of you who don't know what chiggers are, they are an almost microscopic bug, that leaves little bites similiar to mosquito bites, just smaller...and itchier! They are horrible. They always seem to congregate where waistlines, socks, and seams of clothing are. So Tyler and Zachary's ankles, waists, and armpits have little red itchy bites. The Benadryl helped immensely, but left them a little medicine-headed this morning! I sent them to school with Benadryl spray this morning, hopefully they will feel a little better today! Poor kids!



He still didn't know what he wanted for his birthday dinner, so my hubby suggested that we just grill steaks. Sounds fantastic to me, because that is less mess in my kitchen! Woohoo! Another night "off!" Tyler (with icing smeared on his face!) with both sets of grandparents; my parents on the left, and Jack's on the right.



Although Tyler didn't have to get up early, I still did. I was up at 530am. I did the usual, made coffee, unloaded the dishwasher, and went for a run. I did 6 miles this morning, kinda easy pace. I picked it up several times to a sprint but because I went 10 miles yesterday, I dropped right back down. I didn't want overkill. My legs were a little sore today.


For breakfast, I had a new ingredient! Yay! Shakin' it up! I made myself a sausage and egg white english muffin; I used a Morningstar Farms sausage patty, cooked an egg white and put them on a Thomas' Light Whole Wheat English Muffin, and on the side I had my yogurt and fruit. I just can't stop with the yogurt and fruit! But it was very good. Definitely a repeat and a great way to start the day!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Hey Erica,
Check out the Larabar flavors and let me know the flavors you want to try - I can send you some, if you want.
I highly recommend the PB Cookie, Banana Cookie, Ginger Spice & Coconut Cream Pie.
Wow, 10 miles yesterday, great run!!!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Happy birthday to your son!! Love the old photographs :0)

Jenna said...

LOVE that picture!!! =)

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...