Friday, September 5, 2008

TGIF!

So, I was up WAAAAAY early this morning. And I didn't have to be! Tyler didn't have basketball practice this morning, so I didn't need to get up until 630 or 7am. But I woke up at 430am and couldn't go back to sleep! I watched the news, drank a cup of coffee, unloaded this dishwasher (Tyler said, "Did I hear you unloading the dishwasher at 530??" Unfortunately.), and went ahead and ran for almost an hour. I did 6 miles. It was still not even 7am!! So yeah, got the boys up and at 'em, read some blogs, wrote a check for Tyler's Jr. Beta dues, made sure Zachary had his snack for his Good Behavior Party today and out the door we went! Oh yeah, somehow in all this "extra" time that I had, I forgot to wake up Katie...so she went in her pjs! Geez. You know that joke about your mom wanting to make sure you were wearing clean underwear in case you're ever in an accident?? Well poor Katie would have been the child that her mother forgot to dress! *lol*







Breakfast was a Thomas' Light Whole Wheat English Muffin with a packet of Barney Butter and fruit and yogurt. Yummy!






I guess it's a good thing I got everything done early, because I had to go the imaging center, yes you guessed it-45 miles away, to pick up a copy of my ultrasound for the biopsy on Tuesday. So I did that and came straight back home. I didn't even go into town.






I was hungry by noon, so I had leftover stir-fry...again. It was delicious but I didn't take yet another pic of the stir-fry. I figured you knew what it looks like by now. But good news is, it's gone! And I didn't waste any food...yay me! I also finished up the strawberries and cantaloupe...and Katie's leftover shells n cheese! Oops! And as if that wasn't enough, I baked cookies!! But I haven't eaten any............yet. :-)






These cookies are soooo good! They are the Skinny PB and Chocolate Chip Cookies from Carrots 'N' Cake. Delicious!



And you can thank me later for the close up! Couldn't you just eat it right off the screen?! The recipe is so easy and these are not bad for you - believe it or not!

My hubby's sister is coming to pick up our children around 4 for them to spend the night at her house. We are going birthday shopping for Tyler. And just like everything else, the closest mall and shopping area is 2 1/2 hrs. away. Yeah sometimes it sucks. But we are getting up early in the morning and coming back home because we are having the biggest surprise party for him tomorrow night! Well the party isn't a surprise, he knows we are having a BBQ and birthday cake, but the entertainment is! Our nephew Brad, who is 20, is in a rock band and Brad is Tyler's idol. His band SHUND is going to play for Tyler's party. We have invited a ton of family and friends over that he doesn't know about!! It will be a ball! The weather is supposed to be beautiful and it should be a wonderful night. I just can't believe he will be 13! Hard to believe! OK, well I better get payroll finished so I can go pick them up from school and we can go shopping! Hope everyone is having a great day!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Despite not getting a lot of sleep last night, you seem to have plenty of energy today - look at all you've accomplished already!! Excellent!! Keep it up :0)

Samantha said...

Wow, you have to travel quite a distance to get to a mall - where is it that you live?
I hope your son has a blast at his party. Those cookies look soooo yummy, enjoy!!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...