Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Late Start!

I feel like I'm running behind today! Well, I guess I kind of am. We are going to go to Cape tonight for my "procedure" tomorrow morning so today has been a whirlwind of scheduling, mail, bills, payroll, etc...all the typical Thursday/Friday business stuff that is normally spread, manageably, over the two days now must be done today. Whew!
I got up at 530 this morning and started running. I ran, and I ran, and I ran. I don't know what came over me...I normally do one long run a week (long being 10-12 miles) but today I just kept going, for 10 miles! Maybe it was in the back of my head that I probably won't be able to run for a few days? I dunno. At any rate, things are getting done and I'm crossing things off the list. I still need to finish payroll when my hubby gets home, and pack our stuff and the kids'. Geez, that's still a lot. :-(

Breakfast was: vanilla Greek yogurt, mixed berries, and an english muffin with Promise butter.

Now as for yesterday, I got the boys from school at 1230pm and we headed to PB to the dr. for Tyler's heel/leg. Found out that everything (muscles, ligaments, tendons, bones) look perfect, but the growth plate that is on the heel hasn't fused yet, which is what is causing the pain with activity. When the plate has fused completely the pain goes away. Apparently this is very typical and common is 11-13 yr.-old boys. He said he can tell by the xray that it is just starting to fuse (which also means a big growth spurt is coming) and within the next year it will all be ok. So we got inserts for his shoes to help cushion his heel, he prescribed Tyler ibuprofen to take and stretches to do to before practices and games. It was a good visit and we really liked the dr...worthwhile trip definitely. After that we headed to buy basketball shoes, I forgot how expensive those are, but we got $125 shoes on sale for $60! Score! And Katie needed new tennis shoes too, but when got home we found out that they forgot to put one shoe in the box, so she was very upset that she couldn't wear her new shoes today. We will just have to pick the other one up tomorrow on our way through. Needless to say, she was not happy! Poor Zachary got the hand-me-down yesterday. He needed new gym shoes, so he was the ahem...proud...recipient of Tyler's basketball shoes from last year. They look brand new! He wore them for a dozen or so games and only on the gym floor...they practically are new. But I did feel bad for him yesterday! Nothing in particular sounded good for me to pick up dinner and bring it home last night...nobody was being easy on me! So when we got home I made a big pot of taco soup. It was very tasty. I had mine with wayyyyy too many scoops and cheese though! And several snackies made their way to me last night too! But I was in bed fairly early, 9pm and asleep not long after that. So tomorrow is the "big day." The lady from the surgery center called this morning and gave me all the details and RULES. No eating/drinking after midnight (it's not until 1030am! I'll starve!), no makeup, jewelry, gum/breath mints (that will be lovely), and I have to wear my glasses, no contacts. Now won't I be a pretty picture in the morning! Glasses on, no makeup, and, my teeth will be brushed but, the nervous, after teeth-brush breath. Ugh..... Sounds wonderful, huh?? But I guess I have to look at it from a positive standpoint: No more ultrasounds, checking, worrying, wondering, etc. It will be gone and done with. Now that's what I'm talking about. Have a great day! I'll post when I can! Maybe tomorrow when I'm on my way home but still loopy...that would be fun!

2 comments:

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

Thanks, Erica! I am starting to feel a little better already. I just have a way of letting things pile up until finally all my emotions overwhelm me :) Thanks for being such a sweetheart, I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow, I will pray it does. And you have the right idea, I think next time I won't document things quite so well, haha. Sometimes taking the pictures can be counterproductive ;-)

Samantha said...

Erica,
Good luck tomorrow, I will be thinking of you. You should be getting a little present in the mail soon :)

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...