Sunday, October 6, 2013

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!!

Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it is GORGEOUS.  Sunshine and cool morning temps…ahhhh folks, this is the stuff that FALL is made of.  Is it finally here to stay??  I HOPE SO!

2013-10-06_0944survivorspotlight


But the reason I’m here is not to gab about the weather-I want to share something with you!  I am honored to be in Komen St. Louis’ Saturday SURVIVOR SPOTLIGHT!  Look!  

2013-10-06_0920KOMENBLOG

2013-10-06_0931KOMENBLOG2

Cool right?!  You’ll have to click on over to read my story, although if you’ve been reading this blog for any length of time, you probably already know it.  I actually had this article written for awhile, and apparently I didn’t go over it as closely as I should have, because I forgot to add in the part about my bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction.  Oops.  Small detail <<<not>>>.  But I count it a privilege to be able to share my story with others through Komen…silicone or not.  Winking smile 

Breast cancer knows know boundaries, y’all.  You can’t be too young, too healthy, too-anything, to be immune.  You have to be vigilant in knowing your body and doing self-breast exams, getting your mammograms and visiting your doctor.  And for goodness sake-letting them know if something isn’t quite right.  Just do it.  Please.

Now, go enjoy your day! 

Love y’all!

XOXO

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...