Thursday, March 31, 2011

Off-Rhythm

Hello friends! 

Sorry for falling off the blogging bandwagon the past couple of days!  I really have no excuses than the ordinary “been too busy,” so I’ll just save it. Winking smile  Sometimes I just get in a rhythm of posting every day, and then something will happen that I miss a day and –Wham! – I fall into THAT rhythm.  It’s so easy.  It’s kind of like exercise…if you are consistent and do it every day then you’re good, but miss a day or two and it’s sooooo easy to keep missing.

2011-03-31_1333openingday

On another note, HAPPY OPENING DAY OF BASEBALL!!!!!  GO CARDS!!!!!  Our St. Louis Cardinals are in action today at 3:15pm, and we are so excited to get the season going again!  You know summer can’t be far away when the ‘Birds are on the diamond!chatcardinals-teamlogo

I have been trying to think of what all has been going on to tell you about, so let’s see what I have come up with:

Running.  Of course.

2011-03-31_1306garmin_0022011-03-31_1306garmin_0012011-03-31_1306garmin 

Siteman revealed our Race for the Cure shirts this week.  Everyone who registers for the race under the Siteman Cancer Center/News Channel 5 Team also gets one of these shirts. 

sitemanshirt

 

And Komen unveiled the new Survivor shirts for this year!

survivorshirt11

 

LOVE THESE!!!  They are very similar to last year’s shirt, which I think is AWESOME, because I loved last year’s shirt!  Here’s Mel and I last year:

komen2010

 

I am also SO EXCITED to report that I have had several donations to my fundraising campaign, 2011-03-31_1320komenfundraising

and I am already at $600!!!  Thank you to those that have donated!  And for those that haven’t…what are you waiting for?!  Haha, I joke, I joke…kinda.Smile

I have also met another Survivor this past week.  Her name is Ashley and she, like Maggie, is only 23 years old.  Ashley is from SE Missouri, not far from me, and she also has 2 babies at home.  She has already had a double mastectomy and has another surgery scheduled for next week to remove the lymph nodes under her arm.  Been there.  I know I have explained this before, that there is an instant connection between breast cancer survivors, a feeling of been-there-done-that on a much deeper level.  Almost every survivor I have met has expressed the feeling of being drawn to other survivors, especially those newly diagnosed, to offer help, advice, and share our strength.  It is a powerful thing, not feeling like you are all alone.  You can visit Ashley here and leave her some love if you’d like, and please keep her in your prayers as well.

I am heading to Tyler’s baseball game this afternoon, hoping to cheer on a Bulldog win!!  (Although there are no cheerleaders in baseball…maybe there should be.  Umm, or not.)  But I am a loud Momma in my lawn chair anyway!

A quote I read this morning during my quiet time,

”Jesus Christ is not my security against the storms of life, but He is my perfect security in the storms.  He has never promised me an easy passage, only a safe landing.”

Love to you Red heart

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...