Friday, March 18, 2011

My Frown Turned Upside Down

Hello and THANK GOODNESS IT’S FRIDAY!

I woke up in a pissy mood.  Not for any reason really, just hormones – or lack of hormones, I guess.  Meh.  But luckily it was not anything that a good run could not cure.  I once read a quote that said:

"Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it's hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time. Also, there are those hours of clear-headedness that follow a long run." –Monte Davis

Cue this morning’s 9-miler.

2011-03-18_1110garmin

 

I am happy to report that it did the trick.  It was also pretty awesome to run in new kicks and shorts.

IMG_2410

 

I came home and cooled off my insides with a HUGE and fabulous green monster:

  • handful of organic baby spinach
  • handful of organic kale leaves (no stems!)
  • 1 scoop of chocolate Sunwarrior protein powder
  • 1 scoop of chocolate Amazing Grass Superfood
  • 1 cup of unsweetened chocolate almond milk
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • ice

YUM!  Do you see a trend with the chocolate?!  Um yeah.  I am getting my fix.  Remember, I do not eat sweets!

Another thing that brightened my day was reading Gina’s post about her Pilot hubby Airplane coming home from his most recent 6-month deployment.  It was beautiful and totally brought tears to my eyes.  Watch the video…it will make your day, I promise.Red heart  I am so thankful for our military and their families for the sacrifices they make for our country.  They are all heroes.

 

One last piece of advice:IMG_2407

That is all. Winking smile

Love you guys.

xoxo

1 comments:

Keri said...

The green shake sounds awesome!! I gave up sweets for lent which is HUGE for me as I have a raging sweet tooth. Honestly, I should give it up for good......hmmmm. Not sure if I'm ready for that or not!