Sunday, March 13, 2011

Fantastic Fifteen

“I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13

Happy long run Sunday!  How has your weekend been so far?  Rockin’ I hope!  We have had a great weekend, with the most b-e-a-u-tiful weather!  Seriously, Spring is in the air…ahhhhhhh…love it.

I have been enjoying spending the weekend with my WHOLE family.  By whole, I mean my parents, my brother and his fiancé, my sisters, and all my nephews…and my whole crew, too, of course!  It is one of my most favorite things when we are all together just spending time, and it has been fabulous.  In fact, I am getting ready to do more of it as soon as this post goes up!

I woke up bright and early to get my long run in, but to my frustration, I was an hour off because of the stinkin’ time change.  Does anyone else dislike the spring change??  It is certainly not my favorite.  I can appreciate the extra hour of daylight in the evenings, but it makes the mornings harder.  So instead of leaving for my run at 630am, I sat in the chair and had my quiet/devotion time until a little after 7am when it was finally light outside. 

I ran this: 2011-03-13_1241garmin

And am beyond stoked about it!!  Obviously.Open-mouthed smile  15 miles is the furthest I have run since marathon training back in the fall and I am so excited to have run it at an 8:54 pace.  This morning’s run was almost enough to make me reconsider switching from the full to the half at the St. Louis Marathon next month…I am still not sure that I could get in enough in the next month.  We will see.  I am not planning on switching back to the full at this point, but I will keep it in the back of my mind. 

While running I consumed this:IMG_2402

I took the Raspberry Hammer Gel at mile 7 [BTW Layne, I’m now out Winking smile], the Sport Beans around mile 12, and of course I always have an extra piece of gum in my pocket.  Yes, I am a gum-chewing runner.

I refueled with a huge portion of spinach, coconut milk, chocolate Amazing Grass, frozen bananas, and this:IMG_2403 

CHOCOLATE SUNWARRIOR PROTEIN POWDER!  Yay!!  A great addition to my green monster smoothies!

We are heading out to my parents’ house to enjoy the rest of the day with the fam, and get lots of drooling baby kisses…LOVE.

Have a spectacular rest of your Sunday, friends! Sun

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...