Thursday, March 17, 2011

Shamrocks and Sunshine

An Irish blessing for you, my friends, on this St. Patrick’s Day Smile:

irish-blessing

Are you wearing your green??  That was the first thing on Katie’s mind this morning when she woke up.  Not so much because she was worried about the whole pinching thing, but because she had a brand new sparkly green t-shirt that she has been saving just for today!  And you know this girl and her new clothes!  I failed to get a picture of her in her new shirt because, despite the new clothes, she was a cranky little leprechaun this morning.  And the boys, well, they are not up for pictures…ever.

It is ok though, because the green I am really focused on today is the grass that is starting to peek out from under crunchy leaves!  And today it really feels like Spring!  When I went out for my 8.5 mile run this morning it was 50!  50!!  I even had to take off my jacket after awhile!!  I expressed my excitement on DailyMile: 2011-03-17_1114dailymile

Wheeee!!!!  Love it!  Thank you, Jesus, for sunshine and warming me up!

Oh, and here’s my stats:

2011-03-17_1116garmin

I am also a little giddy because March Madness begins today!  I love this time of year, when you can find a college basketball game at any time.  And I live for the big upsets…just as long as it’s not my team being upset! Winking smile

I will see y’all later!  Don’t get pinched!!

I’m not wearing any green today, but I’m drinking some right now does that count?! 

xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've actually been able to run in a tank top for the last couple of runs. I love leaving my running jacket at home!

Anonymous said...

I've actually been able to run in a tank top for the last couple of runs. I love leaving my running jacket at home!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...