Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lighter

Hello friends!

I hope it is bright and sunny where you are, because it is absolutely picture perfect here today! Sun  It started out a little chilly – 22* – but has warmed up quickly with temps near 60 now.  AND, it’s MARCH!!  Can you feel a little springtime in the air?  I can!

I bounced out of bed feeling a little lighter this morning.  Imagine that.  After talking with both of my doctors yesterday and learning that my biopsy was benign, I was floating!  I don’t think I wiped the smile off my face all evening!  It was glorious!  And it went well with all the hugs, high fives, and congratulations that I have received both in person, on Facebook, and here on the blog.  Yes, it is amazing how two little words can make me so much lighter…”NO cancer !!!!”

I headed outside for my run today, even though it was colder than I typically like.  I layered up my tights and got all my gear on, thinking -

Geez, it may take me longer to put all this stuff on than the time I will spend running!  Ha!

Nope.  I covered 8 miles in 1:11:59, and I think I may have smiled the whole time.Winking smile I’m trying to train my body to finish faster and stronger by really pushing it at the end…my last several runs I’ve been able to do just that! 2011-03-01_1559garmin

I’ll see you guys later, I’m heading to coach my cheerleaders and then it’s on to the gym for some Bulldog basketball!!

IMG_2362

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...