Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Silence Agrees With Me

Squirrels playing in the leaves.

Birds tweeting while flying overhead.

Deer playfully hopping through field.

Silence.

 

These are the sounds from my run this morning.  No music, no audiobook, not even a *ding!* signaling an incoming text or a Words opponent.  And it was glorious.

As I ran I thought.  I thought about how grateful I am to live in such a beautiful place.  I thought about what to say during my halftime devotion at our Upward game.  I thought about what to make for dinner tonight.  I thought about thankful I am to be alive and breathing deep.  I thought about the amazing love that God showed when He sent His most perfect Son to die on the cross…for me.  I thought about how much [surprisingly] I was enjoying the silence and how speedy I was.  I thought a lot.

IMG_2378

 

The silence was definitely working for me this morning.  I could not believe what a great run I had.  I guess sometimes it is good to just unplug and think.  It certainly showed in my times today!

2011-03-03_1107garmin

 

Whoa.  And check out that last mile!  8:11 at the end of an 8-mile run?!  That is crazy fast for me.  And I do not think I have ever kept an 8:40 pace for this distance before.  I guess the silence agrees with me. Open-mouthed smile

“Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10

Love you guys. Red heart

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...