Friday, March 11, 2011

Cold Speed

“For I am the LORD your God
   who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
   I will help you.”  Isaiah 41:13

We awoke at 5am to the news of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.  As we do every morning, I sleepily reached for the remote and turned on the news, trying to focus on something other than how badly I wanted to fall back to sleep.  As soon as I heard the news anchors’ voices I knew that this was not a normal morning newscast.  As they talked about the 8.9 [or 8.8 as some have said] earthquake and the tsunami, my heart went out to all those who have lost loved ones, are searching for loved ones, and every person who has been touched by today’s disaster.  I believe the last reports I heard was that hundreds are dead, and that most certainly will rise as time passes.  I pray that God would pour out His Spirit upon the people of Japan, and that He alone would be made famous in their healing.  I am also praying that Hawaii and the west coast of the US are not as affected as experts have feared.  Wow.  Just another reminder of how quickly life can change in the blink of an eye.  Cling to Jesus…He alone is our Rock and our Fortress in times of trouble. 

Needless to say, as we went about our morning routine, we all kept one eye on the news.  But the kids went off to school and I went for my run.  It was downright cold here this morning, about 22 at 7am, and had risen to 28 at 8am when I ran…it is still rising quickly, as it’s already 50 at 11am.  It is supposed to be a beautiful next few days here!

MUCH better than the rest of the week when it looked like this:IMG_2394

Now today looks like THIS:  IMG_2397

Yes, MUCH BETTER!Sun

I had an amazing run this morning.  Yes, it was cold, but it was so pretty outside and the sun was shining in my face…ahhh it was just fantastic.  I started out listening to my XM radio that I have on my phone, listening to the Gayle King Show but I lost signal just for a moment at one point and it never recovered.  So I had about 5 minutes of radio time, the rest of my run was in silence.  I am really warming up to the whole no-music thing…maybe not all the time, but certainly more often.  Anyway, here’s the stats: 2011-03-11_1108garmin

Whoa!  I am so pumped about this time!!!!  So pumped.  Love love love it!!!!

IMG_2398

I hope y’all have a wonderful weekend Red heart

xoxo

PS- Will you vote for me?2011-03-04_1247mlb

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...