Friday, September 17, 2010

Run On

Ahhhhhh, finally Friday…:-)

It has been a good and busy week around here!  There is still much to do today though before we can call it a weekend.  Payroll, bookwork, Ty’s baseball game, all must be fit in before the day’s end. 

And to top it off, I took on another side-project last night as the new secretary/treasurer of the Booster Club at the high school.  I figured what with us HAVING a kid in HS now that it wouldn’t be a bad thing to be more closely involved…so when I was asked, I said yes. I’m kind of feeling like a bit of a Yes-Man, er, Yes-Woman this week!  But I have to say, that spending every day with the intention of making every second count has been a very good thing for us! 

Run On!

I have hit the pavement pretty hard this week, running.  I was so glad to have my sister here to get in a couple runs with me, and the temps for the most part have been cool(er) and crisp in the mornings so I just couldn’t resist!  Plus I just need that time to leave it all behind for an hour or so…you’ve heard the saying “Running is cheaper than therapy”?  Well my husband probably wouldn’t agree, but that’s ok;-)  I still heart him<3  What has impressed me, though, is my times!!  I’m still in awe of the splits from my 8-miler on Wednesday…crazy fast times for me.  I’m not sure what to attribute it to, but I’ll take it!

Today after I dropped off Katie-bug at school I headed out for a 6 mile run.  I have the XM radio app on my iPhone so I listened to Gayle King on the Oprah station while I ran.  Talk radio was a nice change from the music.  Not something I could do everyday, but it was nice.  The splits go like this,

MILE 1

9:15

MILE 2

8:35

MILE 3

8:58

MILE 4

9:08

MILE 5

8:57

MILE 6

8:58

DISTANCE: 6 MILES

TIME: 53:55

PACE: 8:58/MILE

I am really getting used to picking up my speed at the end of a run; it may not be a full on sprint if I’m really tired, but definitely as much as I can do at the time.  I feel really good finishing strong! 

So here’s hoping that your week finishes up strong and fabulous!

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...