Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Promise Me/For My Sister Campaign

"I cannot wait to read this book. The excerpt I have read is so powerful. I wonder if Susan Komen ever imagined just how far her sister, Nancy, would go to carry out the promise she made to her sister.
Thanks to the Susan G. Komen Foundation, breast cancer has been brought into mainstream culture...making it no longer such a taboo or embarassing subject. I'm sure Susan is looking down on her sister right now, smiling, and saying, "Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about."
From this Survivor, I say a heartfelt "Thank You.""
Promise Me, the powerful and inspiring memoir by Nancy G. Brinker, founder and CEO of Susan G. Komen for the, the global leader of the breast cancer movement.

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...