Happy new week, guys!
I hope you have had as GREAT a weekend as I have! It seriously has been packed with GOODNESS…and NEWNESS;-)
- All 4 of us brother and sisters were around this weekend. The gathering place, the usual: mom and dad’s.
- It was a beautiful weekend weather-wise. Cooler temps and blue skies made for lots of outdoor time for all the kids (big and little)!
- All 3 of us girls made it to church with all the little ones in tow…it was so great to see us taking up 2 whole pews:-)
- All 7 of my parents’ grandchildren were together for the first time EVER on Sunday! Hard to believe, but with everyone’s crazy schedules and whatnot it just hadn’t happened yet. My mom was in complete heaven…you couldn’t wipe the smile off her face all day:-)
- I RAN WITH MY SISTER!!!! Layne and I are running the Kansas City Marathon together next month and we have both been training, but 5 hours apart! So Sunday morning we went for our first long run together and did 10.5 MILES!!! And we were FLOORED at our pace…9:22/mile! Yes, that’s 1:39:00!!! Whoa. We cheered (literally) when we finished!
- We started something new at church yesterday that I’m totally excited about. Out pastor is doing a 6-week series on “what would you do if you knew you only had 30 days to live?” It’s FANTASTIC so far and I can’t wait to see where it goes and the way it blesses our church! We are only in the first week, but I can already highly recommend it to you…you should go buy the book if you’re interested! More later on this fo’ sho’…
- I did my first 2-day back to back high mileage yesterday (with Layne) and today. I am kind of testing the full marathon waters and playing with the idea in my mind…I’m still not sure, but after doing 14 easily last week, it’s been something I’m considering. So 10.5 yesterday and then the same again today. I even cut time off today! I was shocked! And stoked!! Today’s splits:
TOTAL: 10.5 MILES
What a start to the week! I’m curious to see how my legs feel after these two hard days, both outside. So far, so good:-)
Well my schedule is bursting at the seams, so I’m off to the next thing to occupy some of the 86,400 seconds in the day:-) <----Yep, you should get the book:-)
Have a fantastic rest of your day!
“So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” Psalm 90:12