Tuesday, December 21, 2010

What A Gift

“God uses us in profound ways.  It’s a gift to know the results.” – Renee LaPresta (my friend and fave chemo nurse)

About a month ago, my sister Jessica emailed me a link to a woman’s blog that she had seen on a friend’s facebook page.  She said that I should check it out, that her story sounded a lot like mine.  So I did and I was instantly struck by the similarities:

  • both young moms and wives
  • both diagnosed with breast cancer
  • both from SE Missouri
  • both Siteman girls.

There was no email listed on her page, so I left her a comment on her most recent post, telling her how I found her blog and telling her our many similarities.

And I never heard anything from her.

Until yesterday Smile

I got an email from her, telling me that the day of her first chemo, that a nurse at Siteman took time out of her busy day to give her a link to a YouTube video that she should watch.  She said that she had no idea what to expect from chemo and cancer, and that she watched the video and cried and cried.  She went on to tell me that she found strength and courage from the video, and that after watching it she never felt alone in her journey.

When she got my comment on her blog, then clicked over to read mine (because I had left a link).  She then realized, after seeing my pictures, that it was MY video that she had been given the link to and had watched in tears months before.  Whoa.  How amazing is that?! 

Two women, walking the same road, who’s paths finally met.  I must echo her sentiments when she said, “I am constantly amazed at how God works.  Sometimes it just makes me shake my head and giggle.”

Yes, me too.  I’ve often said that one of my favorite things is to sit back and watch God work.  It is amazing and beautiful.  I am so honored and humbled to be used by Him, and to bring Him glory.  I prayed from the beginning of my breast cancer journey that my diagnosis would be used for GOOD, and that somehow I would be able to help others.  And of course to bring all glory and honor to Him!  I am reminded of a verse that my Mom always quotes to me,

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28

WORKS TOGETHER FOR GOOD.  And here, right before our very eyes, is just that…GOOD.  Wow.  I am still standing amazed at the beautiful fulfillment of His promises.  Truly.

I hope this testimony leaves you with a smile on your face as much as it does mine.  And I hope it testifies of God’s goodness and love for His children.  I pray that it brings you HOPE; no matter where you are in your life, know that God is still on His throne and is still working.  Thank you, Father, for your amazing love.

Blessings to you, friends and family.

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...