Friday, December 17, 2010

Day Off

“And Mary said: My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior, because He has looked with favor on the humble condition of His slave. Surely, from now on all generations will call me blessed.” Luke 1:46-48

Well my kiddos got exactly what they wanted yesterday…a snow day Winking smile

But technically we didn’t get any snow, just a light drizzle that created a thin sheet of ice on our already very frozen ground.  So with the safety of the kids and teachers in mind, school was called off for the day and my kids were extremely excited for the opportunity to sleep in!

I have absolutely no excuse for not blogging yesterday, because we did absolutely nothing all day long!  I didn’t get out of my pajamas until noon, at which point I decided that I HAD to do something before I wasted an entire day.  By noon all the roads were clear so I headed out to my mom and dad’s and got on their treadmill for a great 7 mile run.  It felt so good to move, and I felt great afterwards! Smile

Last night we spent the evening at church, preparing for our upcoming Upward Basketball season.  Jack and the boys are coaching, and Katie and I are cheer-focused so we are very excited for it to start in January!!

Tonight is another basketball game, the last before a week and a half break.  We are hoping for a MUCH better night tonight than we had Tuesday.  I’m sure it will be…sometimes an ugly loss is all you need to refocus.  Let’s Go Bulldogs!!

Does anyone else like the Baby Blues cartoon??  I love it!  It’s my favorite!!

Baby_Blues

Have a great Friday!!

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...