Monday, December 27, 2010

Sharing Sickies

“Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you,” Exodus 23:25 

Hey guys.

As you can probably tell from the title, last night was a rough one for Katie and I.  We had a “lovely” stomach bug work it’s way into our house, and it directly set up camp with us girls around 9pm. Sick smile

It started with Katie throwing up, and throwing up, and throwing up…I seriously lost track of how many times she puked after, like, 7 or 8.  Poor baby.  Every time she got sick she’d cry and wail, “Whyyyy is this happening to meeeeee????  This is the worst night of my life…”  Oh it just broke our hearts. Sad smile  I gave her some anti-nausea medicine, but that came back up as well; so we just had to tough it out.  There is nothing worse than having a sick child and not being able to do anything other than extra cuddles…so sad. Sad smile 

About the time Katie’s stopped,  mine started around 130am, so I promptly brought out the heavy-hitters -----> anti-nausea drugs from chemo.  Oh yeah.  Much better.  But it was still a very long night.

And a rough morning, too.  My hips and legs were so achy, but some ibuprofen helped that.  Katie has managed to keep down her medicine today so she is sleeping peacefully on the couch.  I hope all the guys don’t get it, too!

When I got up this morning I called my mom and apparently we aren’t the only ones sick:  My mom and dad, my sister Layne, her two boys, and my brother’s son also have had the exact same thing.  Nothing like family sharing and togetherness during the holidays, I suppose!  But ick.

So I’m working on Upward stuff today and getting things in order.  I also managed to get some office bookwork done today.  I don’t think Katie and I are going to the first day of the basketball tournament (which makes me sad Sad smile), so we will just lay low the rest of today.  And I really should try to eat something at some point.  So far all I’ve had is two mugs of Candy Cane Lane hot tea. <------Oh my word, this is my new FAVE!

I hope things are more calm and WELL where you are!

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...