Thursday, December 30, 2010

Onward and UPWARD!

“Don’t focus on the seen but the unseen.  The seen is temporary but the unseen is eternal.” 2 Corinthians 4:18

I have had such a productive day! 

You can’t really tell by looking at the house right now, but seriously…despite

the Build-A-Bear cheerleader that is still sitting on the barstool in the kitchen,

the dirty socks in the living room floor,

the various shoes laying strewn around,

the half-undecorated Christmas tree (told you I can’t focus),

and the papers scattered all over the kitchen table (gosh I wish my hubby could read this before he came home so he would be prepared!)

it has been a VERY GOOD WORKING DAY.  I honestly feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my Upward shoulders!

Amy and I sat down with rosters, calendars, schedules, lists, scratch paper, and phones in hand this morning and got down to business of matching up cheerleaders and basketball games for our upcoming Upward season.  I have been procrastinating doing this for awhile now because just the thought overwhelmed me…remember, I told you about that.  You wouldn’t normally think that this would be such a mountainous task, but when you have multiple parents, who have multiple kids on different teams and/or squads, combined with the fact that we were trying to accommodate kids/parents from out of town…whoa.  Back it up.  Yeah, it got a little crazy in here! 

A good kind of crazy…but crazy nonetheless.Winking smile

After about the tenth time of pouring over the schedule, we officially proclaimed that we were finished!  Now we were not able to make EVERYBODY happy ALL the time, but we were able to make MOST people happy MUCH of the time.  Mission accomplished. 

We also had some roster switches and adjusting of teams, but after that was done and phone calls were made to all the coaches we sat back and sighed…

Ahhhhhhhhh………..

So after she left, I kept on with the busy streak – I was afraid to stop at this point for fear I would lose all train of thought completely – and got all my practices scheduled and printed on a calendar as well as my squad’s games, then also typed my newsletter and addressed every envelope with CHEER and a PRAYER

But I think the best moment came when I went to the post office and mailed the packets to all my little sweethearts. Smile  I’m so excited to give my little girls their Uniforms and teach them about two of my very favorite things: JESUS and CHEERLEADING! 

Lord, please bless this season.

Yep, it has been a good day.  Hope yours has been just as good.Red heart

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...