Mama and Daddy both did great. It was a little rough at first, but after her epidural, Jess just sailed right on through. Her epidural lost some staying power just about the time she had to push (I KNOW, what timing, right?!) but I think this was a mixed blessing because she could actually feel the contractions and know exactly when to push...those of you who have had children know how important this is! Just 4 or 5 pushes and Brayden was here, exercising his lungs and already lighting up our lives at 1149pm. It's amazing how something that weighs only 7 lbs 9 oz can have such a HUGE effect on our lives. He's absolutely perfect.
- Dishes, laundry, and the usual housework
- Go see Layne, Brett, and the boys who are here to meet Brayden
- Run (I know, I'm nuts, but it refreshes me)
- Get kids from school
- Take kids to meet their new cousin because they didn't get to stay long at the hospital long enough last night...they are beyond excited, especially one certain little princess ;-)
- Dinner out with the family (at least I don't have to cook!)
- COLLAPSE AND SLEEP SO SWEETLY TONIGHT!
So I will leave you with one last shot of our little Brayden, our little gift from God. He was so alert and looking around...and hungry! I absolutely cannot WAIT to see him again this afternoon! Have a great Wednesday. Love y'all <3>
"Every good and perfect gift is from above..." James 1:17