Monday, January 11, 2010

Not A Good Way To Start The Week!


Uh~oh!

As you can see from this picture, this is not the best way to start the week!


What you see here is a precious little Kindergartner, who upon being told to go put on her shoes and get her coat, cried big ole crocodile tears and said "But I don't wanna go to school." :-(


While I cuddled her and asked her why not, she said "Cause I will miss you, Mommy." Pretty much broke.my.heart.into.pieces.


I thought this would quickly pass and she would be fine once we got in the car and got ready to go, but no such luck. Recess was in the gym due to the cold temperatures and I went to morning recess with her and sat with her against the wall while she continued to cry and tell me she wanted to go home. After making sure she wasn't sick or feeling bad, I assured her that yes, I would miss her too, but that she had to stay at school. Why??


Um, because it's the law. Yeah. I totally went there.


When recess was over we went back to her classroom and I sat there with a couple of other moms who had criers this morning, and as her friends started coming to see her and talk to her [and after I promised to take her to the dollar store after school if she quit crying] she dried it up and went to start reading!


Whew. Seriously, the most stressful 30-minutes of my day! It's so hard on me when she does that, because all I want to do is load her up and take her home! But I know I can't do that...that is not helping her at all. AND I know that once I leave, she will be fine...which she was (her teacher texted me and said she was doing great 10 minutes after I left). Crisis over. I hope and pray she does better tomorrow. I think getting back into the routine will help.


I hope your Monday had a better start than ours! Make it good y'all!


xoxo


"All your sons will be taught by the LORD, and great will be your children's peace." Isaiah 54:13

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AWW! Sounds like you handled it perfect... I don't think "this experience will positively influence your independance" would have done as well as "it is the law" :-). Hope your day went better after that! I hope my kids will miss me that much!!

Anonymous said...

Aww, you are such a good mama! I hope she does better today too :)

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...