Sunday, January 3, 2010

7 X 7


Happy Sunday, friends! I hope that you all have had a restful day, preparing for normal Monday-Friday schedules beginning tomorrow...boo. I am secretly enjoying all the laziness around here. And y'all know I like having all my babies at home.

My morning began at 7 this morning...sad when that's considered sleepin' in! I spent about an hour in prayer time with God and commited to something new this week. I have decided to spend this first full week of 2010 lifting up my children in prayer. I got this idea from Angie over at Bring the Rain, when she has done this in the past. What it's called is Pray 7x7. You can click over to read all about it, but what it amounts to is committing to pray Scripture over your children 7 times a day at certain times of the day for 7 days:

  1. As they wake up,
  2. Get dressed,
  3. Eat,
  4. Go out of the house,
  5. Bathtime,
  6. Bedtime,
  7. And as they are sleeping.

I believe it is so important to pray constantly and who better to pray God's protection and guidance over than our children? But this would work just as well for a spouse, other family member, or friend and anybody else you would like to commit to pray for. I'm excited for the week and pray that God will pour out His blessings upon our families!

*****************************************************

I also started back on my running schedule of making Sunday my longer-run day. I hopped on the TM for 5 quick miles before church and then another 3 this afternoon. I'm feeling great and stronger every day! Praise Him!

Ok, I'm off to find a snackie snack and then check out my Paula Deen magazine for new dinners this week. She even has a veggie lasagna! Oh yeah, I'm excited!

Have a blessed week, friends!

xoxo


No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...