Wednesday, January 20, 2010

HOT HOT HOT

Hey y'all!!

Other than a little morning stiffness today, I was feeling MUCH better this morning. Yay! I think my muscles have forgiven me...for the time being ;-)

So of course the first I did once I realized I could walk straight, was to check the temp outside to see if an outside run was possible. 54* Yippee!!! How fabulous!! Let me clarify...fabulous for an outside run, NOT so fabulous for hot-flashes when you have a wood furnace that radiates mucho heat even when it's turned wayyyyy down :-(

It took me forever to fall asleep last night, I was so stinkin HOT. For those of you who don't know what a hot flash feels like...um, it's like you are boiling from the INSIDE OUT. And after a few seconds of the boiling, sweat droplets form on your forehead. It is insane. The only thing that makes them feel better is, seriously, to go stand in a walk-in freezer. Not that we have one, so here en lies the problem. And yes, I believe God has a sense of humor...why else would he do this to a woman?! Hehe;-)

But my run this morning was glorious. Here's the stats:
  • Distance: 5.50 miles
  • Time: 52:08
  • Pace: 9:29 min/mile

Obvi, my RunKeeper app heard the rotten things I was saying about it the other day and decided to work today. Thank you;-)

Today I am working with our travel agent to get our accommodations lined up for Disney. It is after all in

43 days, 11 hours, 55 minutes, 55 seconds

YAY!!!

xoxo

2 comments:

Julie said...

Funny funny funny!!! I tell people that my life must be the comedy channel for God!

Julie
www.ridingaside.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Awesome run girl! We have a ton of rain here so you and me have traded places -- I'm headed to the treadmill ;-)

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...