Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Running Buddy

I had the most beautiful run this morning!

I've been catching up with a friend on Facebook lately who is training for the Chicago Marathon in October. She is home visiting her parents for a week or two and I told her that we should run together sometime. Well today was that day! She was scheduled for 6 miles according to her training plan, so we hit the park a little before 6 this morning and had the most wonderful run! It was so cool outside and very low humidity (what?! In July??). It almost felt like a fall run this morning...my fave! We went a little over 6 miles in an hour and it.felt.great.

I'm always nervous about running with someone new. I never know how they pace, what their goals are (speed, time?), their run/walk pattern, or maybe no pattern, etc. But I think I may have found the perfect running buddy! We kept on perfect pace the entire time, I never felt like I was dragging her slower, or vice versa. So YAY for a FABULOUS start to the day!!

I am going to finish my last two lesson plans for Bible School this morning so that I can finish my list, then the kids and I are heading to PB to gather supplies. Tyler is already out working on the set this morning...he is such a wonderful helper. In studying for yesterday's lesson for Day 2 of VBS, it was all about worship: how we can worship God. At one point students are asked to list ways they can worship God. I need to tell Tyler today that his help and his dedication to VBS is most definitely a form of worship! God appreciates all he's doing...and so do I!

I hope ya'll have a great Wednesday! Hey, week's halfway over!!

3 comments:

Mrs. LC said...

Hooray for a running buddy! :) lol I would definitely NOT be a good running buddy for ya. ;)

VBS sounds like so much fun and Tyler sounds like such a sweetie. And isn't it fun to read/ participate in children's messages? The messages are so straight forward and basic - you can worship in so many ways, not just by singing in a church! Love it! And love you darlin'. :)

Anonymous said...

That is great! I have a running buddy but she makes me go a little faster, which isn't necessarily a bad thing ;-)

Good luck with the VBS stuff, how awesome that Tyler is helping!

easternskywatch said...

YOU'VE COME A LONG WAY BABY.................I'LL ALWAYS HAVE FOND MEMORIES OF OUR VBS DAYS, YOUVE ALWAYS BEEN A BEAUTIFUL DIAMOND THAT GOD IS POLISHING. I AM DAZZLED BY YOUR INNER BEAUTY WHICH EXACTLY MATCHES YOUR OUTER BEAUTY..........LOVE 4EVER............MARILYN

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...