Saturday, July 11, 2009

4 Left!

YAY! Praise God I am another Herceptin down!! OMGoodness, I only have 4 left!! I am beyond ready to get these behind me and move on. Yesterday went great. We left our house a little before 5am, yes, I said 5am...which meant that I had to get up at 4. Ugh. But I had labs at 8am so it couldn't be helped. Truth be told, I would rather get up and get it all done early rather than it dragging into the afternoon. But anyway, I had labs at 8, all went pretty good. My wbc and my absolute neutrophils (which show my risk for "catching a bug") were both a little low, but just barely...and everything else was perfect. I figure my lows are probably a result of doing too much lately and not having much down time...maybe 3 40 mile weeks in a row is a bit much right now. After that we went to the Cardiac Testing Suite and had my echo. I had a very sweet, but very "old school" tech who insisted that she could not tell me anything, that the radiologist would read my echo and would send the report to my dr...but she DID tell me that she didn't think I had anything to worry about, *wink, wink*. So while I didn't leave with a number, I did leave feeling very happy with what she did say, or didn't say...whatever. ;-)Following my echo we went back to the treatment center and got called back into our private suite for my Herceptin infusion. Yes, I said private suite! I was a little bummed at first because I kinda like being out front around all the action and other people...more things to look at, more people to talk to and such. But....I must admit, I liked the suite. It had a big tv, and we could really kick back and just chill for an hour. Actually, though, we didn't even turn on the tv and Jack just sat there and was ornery with the nurses and I played with my new iPhone for the hour! My very fave nurse Renee (that's us below) came to see us for awhile and she is just a hoot! She was my nurse for my very first chemo and she taught us so much and was so positive, I thoroughly believe she was sent from God. She eased all my anxieties from Day 1 and I can always count on her to answer and question or just sit there and gab. She and her new hubby love to float the river and they may come down and visit before the summer's over...I hope so! I got my script to start my anti-estrogen pills yesterday. They put me on Femara. So now my ovaries are shut down AND I'm taking an anti-estrogen meds...LORD, please help my husband! I am praying that I can't even tell that I'm taking them...Hey, don't laugh, God delights when we PRAY BIG! heehee And, like Beth says, if I'm gonna err, I'm gonna err on the side of faith!! :-D

We had a quick bite to eat at the Olive Garden then after a quick stop at the mall, we headed home. I.was.exhausted. I could hardly hold my eyes open. I guess after getting up so early, and the relaxation of finally having another echo and Herceptin over with, my body was just ready to rest. So needless to say, I'm not doing anything run, not even a walk. Just as little as possible. I am going to mentally prepare for our week of VBS, which begins on Monday and sit here and have some couch time.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers for my appointment yesterday...I felt every single one! Have a great weekend, friends!


The Wasson's said...

Hey Erica! Renee was my nurse several times throughout chemo! She is so funny! Glad to know that you only have 4 left! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Yay, another one down! Sounds like everything went really well. That nurse sounds like a sweet lady, God definitely sent her ;-) Have a great week of VBS!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...