Thursday, July 9, 2009

Decorating Day!


G'Day, Mates!! (I'm just getting into character and getting ready for our incredibly awesome time we are going to have next week at Vacation Bible School...)


After a speedy 6 mile run this morning, I got cleaned up and the kids and I headed to the church to get our decorating on! We started a little before 10 and were finished a little after 1. We had most of our stuff designed and done, we just had to empty out the youth room and start building. Our outback Bible ranch turned out awesome! Tyler's front porch that he built had guests coming and looking into our room all morning. Zachary helped to occupy Katie, which helped more than anything!


I did in fact mention to Tyler yesterday about how his working and building was so pleasing to God and is a form of worship. How God is so proud of him for giving selflessly of himself and using his talents that God gave him for His Glory. And you know what he said to me? He said, "You know, I thought about that when I was praying last night. That I bet God's pretty proud of me." Ah, let me tell ya, brought a tear to my eye and a smile to this mama's heart for sure! I have prayed that God would open his heart, especially as he gets older and is influenced by who-knows-what, that he would be a good example and be open to what God wants to use him for. Just hearing that he prayed by himself was awesome! God is working! Praise Him!! Maybe he hasn't quite outgrown VBS yet... :-)

We had a great time getting things in order for VBS next week! All aboard for the Boomerang Express where it all comes back to Jesus!!






On a separate note...I am going to STL tomorrow for Herceptin #13 of 17 and a heart echo. If you would please keep our trip and our tests in your prayers, I would be so grateful! I am BELIEVING GOD that my echo will be as strong or stronger than before and that my labs will be great. I am BELIEVING HIM for a great #13 and that I will be coming home tomorrow afternoon with only 4 left! According to His word, I "will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD." Psalm 112:7 Love ya'll!! Muah!

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I'll be praying hard, as always!!1

Mrs. LC said...

Tyler's front porch is awesome! You must be one proud momma! :) VBS looks so fun, can I come? tehe :)

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I've been praying for you all week. You will be in my thoughts and prayers throughout today. Stay strong! :)

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...