Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lovely Long Run

Happy Happy Sunday friends :-)
I hope you are all having a blessed Sunday, I have had a most wonderful day!


I have been looking forward to this morning's long run SO MUCH!! Why, you ask?? Well, because we have been having the most gorgeous weather here, completely unlike the Midwest in July. Normally July and August here are hot and so humid that you can't hardly stand to breathe outside, but we have been granted a reprieve for a few days and it has been SO AMAZING. It was all of 54* when I left for my run a little before 6 this morning!! Now that's my kind of running weather! I used my new iPhone as my iPod this morning and had the praise and worship tunes blasting and I ran 10.5 MILES as the sun came up!!! Yes, OUTSIDE! This is the first time in a long time that I have ran that far outside. And the awesome thing was, I felt like I could have run all day! It was just a glorious morning. I am even MORE excited now about my 1/2 Marathon in March!!!

But I couldn't run all day because I wanted to get home and get ready for church this morning. Our VBS kids performed their songs in front of the congregation and they did a great job! Katie has been looking forward to this morning for days! Being the little performer that she is, she was excited to get to sing on stage. Glorifying the Lord I'm sure figured in there, too, but she was really excited to sing on stage! LOL Zachary was not quite as excited as he is getting to the "too cool for school" age. But he got up and sang, I'm proud of him.
Today was a great start to the week, I hope you are all having as great of a beginning!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

What a perfect day! :-)

Anonymous said...

Gotta love this "summer" weather we are having, huh! You rock, you are going to do great in your half-marathon :)

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...