Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm Not Ready

Yesterday was both exciting and sad. We had to go to PB first thing in the morning for Tyler's orthodontist appt. While he was there, Zac, Katie, and I headed to Office Depot to go school supply shopping. We picked up the list for our school, and not only am I in complete denial that Katie needs school supplies for Kindergarten (YIKES!) but Zac isn't on the list at all! I had forgotten that middle school students don't get school supply lists! They have 7 classes with 7 different teachers and they will let them know what they need on the first day...sigh......


I am SO not ready for this! All 3 kids in school?! How did this happen so fast?! Katie in Kindergarten and both boys in Middle School...man oh man. This Mama has been in complete denial about how much this STINKS! lol There are moments when they are all fighting and bickering with each other that I am anxiously awaiting the start of school, but for most of the time I am dreading it. I don't know what I will do with myself in a quiet house! I have ALWAYS had a little one at home with me...even in Zachary's Kindergarten year, I was big and pregnant with Katie, she was born in November. So this is a first.

So as far as the school-thing goes, I am having the same opinion as the
boys..."I'M NOT READY!"


On a positive note, my sister Jessica and her hubby Jason found out yesterday that their first little one, due in January, is a BOY!!! We are beyond excited for them and the new addition to our family. I just KNEW it was going to be a girl, though! I just had a feeling...even the mammoth on Ice Age 3 (which we watched yesterday) had a girl! I immediately texted my sister (yes, during the movie...tsk tsk...) and told her that it was a sign! But all signs point to blue this time and we couldn't be happier that they are welcoming yet another healthy bouncing baby boy. My other sister, Layne and her hubby Brett, are also expecting a baby due in November. Her ultrasound is scheduled for next week...maybe, maybe, maybe it will be pink?! We'll see! If not Katie will continue to be the lone princess for a little while longer!


Haha, you may want to say a little prayer for our mother and our hubbies...two girls pregnant and one girl functioning with no hormones whatsoever! Yeah, family gatherings could get quite interesting this fall. ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor mama! They grow up so fast ;-) Congrats to your sis!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...