Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Boomerang Express Day 3 - What It's All About

G'day, Mates! I am writing today with a very excited, but also very serious heart. I was reminded today exactly why we do Vacation Bible School each and every summer. I was reminded why we all work so hard to get rooms in order and snacks made, lesson plans laid out and songs memorized. It is for the ultimate Glory that it brings to our God. It is for the pleasure that He takes when He sees a sanctuary full of children singing His praises. And it is for the possibility that His message will touch one child's heart and they will commit to live their life for Christ Jesus.Today, that's exactly what happened. Little 11-year old Courtney, who just helped her Mom bury her Dad last week after he fought a very fierce but quick battle with cancer, gave her heart and her life to Jesus this morning. She said that she wanted to, but wasn't sure exactly what to pray and what to say. I went and got Amy, our VBS Director, and we took Courtney into the sanctuary to talk to her and explain to her the act of being saved. And right there, inbetween Amy and I, Courtney gave her life to Jesus in the sweetest little prayer I have ever heard. I had to hold back my tears as she prayed and afterwards when she thanked us for praying with her.

Folks, this is what it's all about. Life...the everlasting kind. The kind that can only be received by accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. It doesn't matter what kind of past you may have had, or the things you have done. If you accept Jesus as your personal Savior, He wipes it all away if you ask Him to. And it doesn't have to be done as a child or in a church...beauty is, you can accept Christ as your Savior ANYWHERE, ANYTIME! Right where you sit, or while you're driving, in the shower or on vacation God will hear our prayer. Wow! I am just so excited for Courtney and her family and give God all the Praise, Honor, and Glory for her salvation today! It's a happy day!!

In case anyone out there is also wondering, like Courtney, how to pray a prayer of salvation it can go something like this:

"Father I know that I am a sinner and I am sorry for my sins. Please forgive me, and help me not to sin again. I want to turn away from my sinful life and live a life for You. I believe that Your Son, Jesus, was crucified on the cross, died, and was buried in order to pay for my sins. I believe that He rose from the dead 3 days later and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to be the Lord of my life and reign in my heart from this instant forward. Please help me to obey your commandments and to do Your will forever. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen."


Have a beautiful rest of your day!

1 comment:

Mrs. LC said...

YAY COURTNEY!!! I don't know how you kept the tears in....I think I would have been crying my little heart out over that sweet girl! What a wonderful day in the Outback VBS!!! I'm so glad you got to share that experience too, Outback Guide Miss Erica. :) Love you!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...