Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Busy Busy Girl!

Hey all!

I hope that everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend! I can't believe that summer's half over already. Sheesh. We had a very crazy busy weekend...it's busy enough having a 3-day holiday, but throw a 3-day family reunion into the mix and it's downright hectic. I did enjoy myself this weekend, but needless to say, I was ready to come home so I could relax!

We did get to enjoy "practicing" with our new toys this past weekend...2 new jet skis! Well, new to us, anyway. My hubby got a great deal on them and we were super excited to hop on and try them out. THEY WERE AWESOME!!! I've never driven one myself and found that once I did, I didn't want to quit! *Here's to more ways to enjoy our beautiful river!*

Couple of sad notes to add to the weekend, a friend who was diagnosed with cancer in February lost his fight on Thursday. Mark was 48 and left behind a wife and 3 kids...so young and so quick. Then on Sunday, about an hour after we left the river, there was a terrible boating accident just near our place. Two boats collided and a 25-year-old man and an 11-year-old boy were both killed. According to our neighbor, alcohol played a major role in the crash. It was a big reminder to us that the river is beautiful and fun but can also be very dangerous if you don't exercise caution and, um, common sense.
Today I have been knee-deep in my preparations for Vacation Bible School, which is next week. I am teaching 4th & 5th grade and I love that age group! They are big enough to sit still and listen and answer questions, but still young enough to be "kids." It's my fave group! So today I am going through my lessons and will finish tomorrow. Tyler, bless his little heart, has been outside in the shop all day constructing my "set" for my classroom. Our theme is Boomerang Express 'It All Comes Back to Jesus' and we are having an Outback Camp for our room setting. He has been actually building the outside of our ranch house today. I'll have to post pics as soon as we get it all set up! We are going to decorate on Thursday.


Then Friday, it's yet another trip to STL for Herceptin. I have an echo of my heart Friday also; another to check to make sure the Herceptin is doing no damage to my heart. I dread these so much because I am always afraid that something will show up that won't allow me continue my "cure." But I am trying not to focus on the negative! I am believing that it is going to show either no change or a strengthening! I only have 5 treatments left, so I am praying that I will be able to continue right on schedule. I want to be done SO BAD! Ahhhhh, I'm so close!!

Please LORD give me, and my heart, the strength to complete these last 5 treatments on schedule. Go before me and take away all my anxiety because I know that You "have not given us a spirit of fear, but of love, and power, and a sound mind" 2 Timothy 1:7. Amen.


I am also waiting, rather impatiently, for my new iPhone to arrive this week. I am hoping that my tracking is accurate and it arrives on Thursday in time for me to take it to STL on Friday! I will have plenty of time to play with it and, hopefully, get it figured out. Plus, playing with it will take my mind off of all the other stuff we get to go do! *crosses fingers!*


And lastly, I have mentally decided to run the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon next March at Disney World!! I am beyond excited and of course, with a large family and a self-run business it is hard to commit to anything this far out, but I am putting it firmly on my radar with the hopes that it will all work out and I can register soon. I am very excited about this possibility! And the kids just wanna go see Mama sweat so they can go to Disney...ok, whatever! Looks like 240 days til race day! *teehee*


So I hope you are all doing well and enjoying some good summertime, wherever you are! I am still reading all my blog friends, even if I don't have as much time to comment or post as much right now. I love ya'll!! <3


PS- If you are looking for a great cause to donate to, check out Jenna or Caitlin's Team In Training pages. Team in Training raises funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives. It is such a great cause, and I am so proud of these girls for their commitment to their races and the cause. Go Girls!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you on Friday! I'm sure it will all go just fine. I'm jealous of the iPhone ;-)

Disney World?! What a great excuse to go for a run, hehe. And what a great way to get the kids to Disney World :)

Fitnessista said...

i'll be thinking of you on friday :D
DO IT! i'll totally run it, too!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...