Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Mark"-ed for Life!

I am very excited today!

Check out my new ink!! Jack and I got our tattoos today of our very favorite Scripture, the one that we have recited over and over since this breast cancer journey began..."Mark 5:36." So you don't have to look it up, it says "Don't be afraid, just believe." This verse became like our family "motto" back last fall when I saw it on a plaque in the Lifeway store. I never dreamed it would one day be permanently inked on my foot, but as time has gone on and I have thought more about it, I really wanted to have it done.

The verse speaks for itself. As we were going through scans, and chemo, and radiation, this verse would always come back to mind..."Don't be afraid, just believe." And I got it on my foot because the feet are the foundation of the body, and Christ is my foundation, my Rock. On HIM will I stand. HE has carried me through the last 10 months and HE continues to guide me every.single.day. And, I'm not gonna lie, it also figured to be a less conspicuous place than say, my forehead. But the foundation thing is very important and cool too. Besides, I have worried my mom enough over the last year, she doesn't need to worry that I've lost my mind, too! LOL~

But I thought it was very neat that the artist that did our tattoos asked us "So...what does Mark 5:36 say?" I was so proud to tell him! Witness through me, LORD! Woot Woot!

I am a little concerned that he said I couldn't run or swim for 2 weeks. WHAT?! Yeah, I know. The swimming I can handle, but the running...nuh uh. I will have to figure something out. I've already been googling it! Some say that you can use lotion and saran to keep it from rubbing...we'll see. I will probably take a few days off, but I can guarantee it won't be a whole 2 weeks! Trust me, NOBODY will want to be around me if I can't run for that long. But I've been hitting it pretty hard lately, so it probably won't hurt to take a few days off.

Just for the record, I DID call my dr this morning to ask permission to get my tattoo. And since Herceptin doesn't affect blood counts or raise your risk for infection, he said it was "absolutely fine." I felt very good going into it with his blessing.


Jack's tattoo is the same as mine, "Mark 5:36" and is on the back of his shoulder. It is his first also, but unlike me, he will be getting more. He has already been talking about his next one. We have heard that from friends and family that have them, that they are addicting. We'll see ;-)

Have a great rest of your Wednesday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! I've been wanting to get a verse tattooed on me for a while now (I already have 6, one being a cross) but I haven't decided on one yet. I need to get on that :)

Unknown said...

sweet tat! i love it!
YESSSS i'm so glad you're running the princess half. i think i'm going to do it for sure :D
xoxo

Keri said...

I love it! My sister has a cross on her foot for the exact same reasons you got your tattoo there. Just think of all the doors that will open up because of people asking you about it!

You go girl!!!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...