Saturday, January 31, 2009

~*25 Random Things*~

I was doing one of those "Tag, you're it" things on Facebook this morning (Hey, we've been snowbound all week, I was bored!) and I thought it would make a good post. So without further ado...here are
25 Random Things About ME!

1) I am married to my high school sweetheart.
2) I used to say that I wanted 6 children, that quickly got reduced to 4, then once we had our girl we knew we were done!
3) I love to cook, not so much bake, but to cook a big meal for my family is def my thing!
4) I run almost every single day...about 30ish miles/week.
5) I am very into sports. Basketball being my favorite, followed closely by baseball, then football.
6) For Christmas my hubby and I don't buy each other gifts, we take trips!
7) I have more animal heads in my home than people who live here.
8) When I come home from a visit down south, I bring home some southern twang in my speech for a few days.
9) I had my first cavity when I was in 4th grade...I was devastated! lol
10) As a kid I took piano lessons and gymnastics and all I have to show for it is chopsticks and a cartwheel. Sorry Mom;-)
11) I am a perfectionist.
12) I want to be old and wrinkly when I die.
13) I think of myself as a "parent" figure to my little brother and sisters.
14) I watch too much tv and I am the master of the remote in our household, not my hubby!
15) I wish someone would have pushed me to play basketball when I was younger...such a "waste of height" (quote by coach jenks)!
16) I have 70+ hrs of college with a 4.0 gpa.
17) I went to Space Academy in Huntsville, AL for a week when I was 13; I wanted to be an astronaut.
18) I get terribly homesick, have since I was a little girl.
19) I would sing "Jesus Loves Me" when I got scared when I was little.
20) My love language is "Words of Affirmation." A compliment from my hubby goes a long way with me.
21) I want to be a cheerleader when I grow up. No, seriously.
22) I start each day eating very healthy and it usually goes downhill from there!
23) I have been with the love of my life for exactly half of my life, 15 1/2 years.
24) I like to eat deer meat, turkey, or fish but the thought of eating rabbit, squirrel, or frog legs absolutely makes me gag!
25) I repeat these beautiful words from Isaiah 33:6 a million times a day: "He is your constant source of stability..."

Tonight I finally going to get out of the house! I'm technically not supposed to be out and about too much on days 7-14 (today is day 9) due to lowered blood counts and increased risk for catching "something" but I have a good excuse: tomorrow is my birthday and we are going out to dinner! My hubby and little ones, my parents, brother, sisters and their hubbies, and little Ethan of course are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate my 31st birthday, which is kinda getting overshadowed by this little thing called the Super Bowl. Just jokes, I love Super Bowl Sunday, too! But we are celebrating tonight as well with a wonderful dinner and (hopefully...crossing fingers) ice cream cake! My hubby and boys went to PB today, maybe they will run by DQ and pick one up?! Hope so! I hope ya'll have a great Saturday!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Great list!! :-)

Have fun going out!!

Mrs. LC said...

Love the 25 random things!! (If you're on facebook you should friend me!!) email me at mrslcblog@gmail.com so we can share last names and we can be one step closer to real friends!! (How awesome would it be to actually meet one day?!?)

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...