Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Creeping Along

It seems like this week is moving s.o. s.l.o.w.l.y. I don't know if it's because I am excited about my treatment on Friday or what, but it is taking forever! I am excited to go on Friday only because
I'm ready to knock treatment #5 O-U-T!
It's not a party, for sure, but I get to cross another one off the list...when I leave on Friday, hopefully I will be able to say that I only have one more left! Wahoo! I say hopefully because I just pray that my blood work is where it needs to be so I can have treatment. I am believing God that it will be perfect! Praise Him!

Yesterday was an exciting day for our country! I woke up early (6am) to run so that I would have that out of the way so I could plop down in the recliner and watch all the inauguration coverage. I don't care who you are or how you voted, it was a historical day! I told the boys when they left for school that I hoped that their teachers would let them watch some of the coverage...they said they did get to catch some of it. :-) I'm glad! I did take a little break from watching around lunchtime to go my friend's house who is undergoing treatment for lymphoma (I've talked about her before). We had a lunch-time pizza party (because it's our fave!) to celebrate her CLEAN PET SCAN that she had on Monday!!! We are ecstatic! So that means no more chemo; it's on to the stem-cell transplant. And while that's no picnic, at least she is not going into it trying to still fight active cancer. Praise God! So the celebration was on!

Today is much less exciting. I got up this morning and ran 5 miles on inclines. I always run with it set on 1%, today I bumped it up and varied between 2 and 2 1/2%. I'm always amazed at how just a little bit of an incline over 45 minutes makes a real difference!

I hope everyone else's week is moving a little quicker!

1 comment:

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

That's awesome news! Definitely something to celebrate.

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...