Friday, January 16, 2009

Memory Verse #2

As I have mentioned before, I am participating in Beth Moore's 1st and 15th Scripture Team on her blog, LPM. What we do is pick a Bible verse and memorize it (or at least focus and meditate on it) on the 1st and 15th of every month. The goal is to have 24 Scriptures firmly embedded in our mind and on our tongue at the end of 2009. I believe there are close to 3,000 women who are a part of the group. If anyone is interested, please feel free to join in at any time! You can select your own verse, or use any of the ones already chosen by others. My 2nd verse is:

"Moreover, the Lord your God will send the hornet among them until even the survivors who hide from you have perished." Deuteronomy 7:20
I chose this verse because when I was doing Beth's "Believing God" study, it was included in our daily homework and I knew I had to remember it. She told the story of a friend of hers, who was fighting cancer, and she used the word "hornet" as a symbol for the chemotherapy drugs. And the "survivors" are the little microscopic bits of cancer that they were trying to kill that could be floating around inside her body. So this verse means to me that God is using my chemo drugs as a hornet, going throughout my body, finding any and all bits of cancer that could be floating around, hiding. I believe God meant for me to see this verse and for me to apply it to myself. Beautiful isn't it? The way God works..... I'm constantly amazed. Ah, Sovereign Lord!

Today has been a great Friday so far. I got up and my toe was not throbbing :-) so I went for a 4 mile run before I took the boys to school. The lady who cleans our house got here just as I was finishing breakfast, and she hasn't been here in 2 weeks...YIKES! So I am loving her right now! I did our bookwork and payroll earlier then I made mashed potato soup and put them in hollowed out bread bowls and took them to Michelle's office for us for lunch. It is the perfect day for potato soup, too, because it is so cold here (it was actually 0* this morning!) and it has been snowing for about an hour and a half. It's beautiful. As long as it doesn't accumulate too much, it's beautiful! So I'm going to enjoy the rest of my Friday, I hope you do the same!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

WONDERFUL verse; and I'm so glad that today is going well for you - stay well!! :-)

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...