Friday, January 9, 2009

Finally Friday

Happy Friday! I am so glad it's Friday. And as a bonus, it is beautiful outside today...seriously there is not a cloud in the sky! Ahhhhh..... I love going into the weekend. It always seems to be so full of promise: no alarm clocks, no "daily" chores, no routine. Basically 2 days of blank slate!

I guess there is one item on the schedule for this weekend, but sadly not for me. We got the boys tickets to a WWE match for Christmas and they're going tomorrow night. And by boys, I mean big and little boys! I'm excited for them, but I wish I had something fun to do, too! I'm going to call my sister, Jessica, and see if she wants to come over and hang out or something. I'm kind of limited anyway because I am currently on germ-watch. I certainly don't want to go out and pick up a "bug" of any kind, and being that it is cold and flu season it would probably be pretty easy. I will be so glad when chemo is over so that I can go back to doing everything I normally do without being so sterile-careful. And I can see the end in sight! Hallelujah!

I got up this morning and did 5 miles of hills and speed intervals on the TM. I bought a Nike Workout on iTunes a couple of years ago and I hadn't done it in awhile, so I used that. It's a 30 minute workout, but I always tack on a little at the end to make it 45. I started to do the Yoga for Runners after that, but after 10 minutes was interrupted by my hubby who had billing questions about some invoices that had to go out. By the time I was done explaining, I was cold and over my calming yoga moment. :-( Oh well, maybe later.

So today looks pretty easy. I did all my bookwork and payroll stuff yesterday afternoon so there is none of that to do today. My lady who comes once a week to clean is gone this week, so I should probably go at least clean the bathrooms and give things a once over, but I sooooo don't want to! The dishwasher repairman is coming at noon to put a new motor in my dishwasher that has been broken for the last month...I am very happy about that! I am so over washing dishes! And I need to pick out something for dinner; I got my new Paula Deen magazine in the mail yesterday and I tell ya, everything in there looks delicious. Mmmmm...... I probably should steer clear of the Paula Deen fare, though, because I've put on 10 lbs since my first chemo treatment! I have no idea how, with all the running I've done. I mean, I know my eating habits have been less-than-stellar since then, but I didn't think it had been 10 lbs worth! My friend, Michelle, suggested that maybe it's because of the steroids. Ugh. Who knows. I guess I am enjoying some extra "comfort" from my comfort food! Maybe I should start watching my nutrition a little more closely! ;-)

Have a great start to your weekend, everybody!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Fabulous run!!

Haha, gotta love Paula Deen :-D

HAPYP FRIDAY, DEAR ERICA!!!

Mrs. LC said...

Wow, 10 lbs! I feel like that has to be at least partially from steroids! You go for such long runs!! Hope you had a great weekend!

Oh, and you DEFINITELY got me beat on the Target trip commute! No more complaining from me! :)

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...