Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend Escapes

Welcome Monday! For those of you who have the day off, I hope you're enjoying it and making the most of the long weekend! We had a weekend on-the-go...yay! On Saturday, we met my parents and sister and went to PB to eat at our fave Mexican restaurant, Maya's. Delish. Seriously the best ever. I think I ate my weight in chips...oops! Then we all went to see "Paul Blart Mall Cop." We love the "King of Queens" show, so we definitely wanted to see this movie...it was very funny. I like going to see a movie that doesn't require a lot of thinking but makes you laugh! Mission accomplished. After that we were ready to come home, so my sister, Jessica and her hubby Jason, came over to watch the North Carolina game (we're fans of UNC men's basketball) and we had pizza and relaxed for the evening.

Yesterday, my hubby had to work until about 1. Afterwards we went to see our cabin in Doniphan (about 40 minutes from here). It is so close to being finished! I can't wait until this summer when all we are doing is sitting on the deck and watching the river flow by! Ahhhhhhh, that's relaxation. For the last 4 months, we have called it our "happy place," and now it's almost finished. We had to make another stop at another job site so my hubby could pick up some scaffolding that he needed on another job today, and had thought about stopping to have dinner, but by that time, we were tired. So we just came home, grilled some steaks, had a quiet evening and geared up to start the week. Have a great one, ya'll!


"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness." 1 Timothy 2:1-2

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...