Monday, January 12, 2009

Misplaced Meal

Well, as anticipated, there wasn't too much excitement at our house this weekend! Gah, I am so ready for chemo to be over so I can resume a "normal" life! The boys went to the WWE on Saturday night, but Jack came home sick. Sinus congestion, cough...I'll spare you the details. But thank God for Michelle, who met us at her clinic and said he was bad enough that he needed a shot, and another one today, AND oral antibiotics. I'll say it again, "Thank you, God, for Michelle!" I hate it when he's sick, and on top of that, the last thing we need right now is for him to end up with pneumonia! So today he woke up already feeling much better and went to work.

I got up this morning and ran 5 miles while I listened to the Gayle King show on XM. I really like to listen to her, most of the time. And it has been a while since I listened while I'm running...I've been so wrapped up in my Desperate Housewives DVDs that I got for Christmas, that it was nice for a change! After that I came upstairs and did 20 minutes of Yoga for Runners from yogadownload.com. I am really liking the yoga.

Right now I am just waiting until it is time to go get the boys from school. The dinner decision has already been decided...I am making breakfast for dinner tonight! Do ya'll do this much?? I remember growing up that my mom would make breakfast for dinner every once in a while. And it's been a long time since I've done that, so tonight is the night. Now I just have to decide what to choose out of the tons of options floating around my head! Do I want to go savory and have eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy or go sweet and make belgian waffles or pancakes and such?? I could just make a smorgasboard of it all, but that would be dangerous! Probably not a good idea. I'll have to decide by store-time!

I hope ya'll are having a great start to your week!

5 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I LOVE "breakfast for dinner" meals - enjoy!! :-)

Mrs. LC said...

ooh, I love breakfast for dinner! That sounds great right now, actually. haha if I had gotten stuff for it at the grocery store yesterday I'd have turkey bacon, fresh fruit, and a belgian waffle. Maybe an egg white if super hungry. That way there's sweet and savory!! :)

Bridget said...

For some reason, I don't make breakfast for dinner very often, even though I love it! It always reminds me of being a kid- that was the meal my dad always made when mom wasn't home :)

Fitnessista said...

oooh breakfast for dinner is my favorite :D i could eat bfast for every meal!
have a wonderful night!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

**Just as a heads up: I will not be able to comment on blogs as often now, during this semester, due to work overload (I'm stressed already) - PLEASE know that I'm still loyally reading, but just won't have time to comment. I hope you understand!!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...