Sunday, February 1, 2009

Thoroughly Into My Thirties


My birthday cake! Decorated with all my favorite teams: Tennessee Lady Vols (women's basketball), St. Louis Cardinals, North Carolina Tar Heels (men's basketball), and Indianapolis Colts! It was very cute...and delicious!
Me opening presents! Mom and Dad got me the Willow Tree Nativity Set that I had been wanting! I was so excited! I can't wait until next Christmas to put it up!!

Me and my kiddos posing with the cake!

Family portrait time! I seize every opportunity to take a family pic because it's like pulling teeth to get any of them to go to a photographer's studio to have them done! So this will have to do! It turned out good I think!


At 630am I was officially 31 years old! 31...seems kinda odd, doesn't it? Haha, just jokes! Anyway...it seems like hard to believe that I am actually INTO my thirties. I don't feel my age at all, not that I know what 31 is "supposed" to feel like, but I feel more like...24! Katie told a friend of ours last night at dinner that I was 21! Well, ok! We had a great dinner last night. I had filet mignon and grilled shrimp that was fantastic and afterwards we came back to our house for birthday cake and ice cream...not DQ ice cream cake but it was still good!
I started my special day by putting in 8 miles on the treadmill while watching the first season of Desperate Housewives on DVD that my sister got me. I didn't watch DH until season 3 so I was excited to watch episodes I have never seen! I was going for 10 this morning, but I think my belt needs to be tightened up or something because it keeps doing this slight jerking thing that makes me kinda uncomfortable to run on it. Hopefully my hubby can fix it later today. Speaking of later today, it is sure to include food and football. Another relaxing Sunday at home!
What are your Super Bowl plans, if any? Do you have a favorite team?

6 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! :-D

healthy ashley said...

Happy Birthday! I love how creative the cake is :)

Mrs. LC said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful!!! :) I love that cake and the photos of your family! You have such a great looking family, you're so blessed!!

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

happy birthday!!!

Unknown said...

happy birthday! your family is BEAUTIFUL

Samantha said...

I know I am sooooo late - HAPPY BIRHTDAY!!! I hope you had a great time celebrating with your beautiful family.

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...