Thursday, February 12, 2009

102 Miles

This is just a very small portion of my running shoes that I have had. I have gotten rid of many pairs through yard sales, donations, etc, but this is just what is in my closet at this moment. I love my Asics! The brightest and cleanest pink and silver ones at the bottom are my new ones that just came in the mail yesterday. I try to get a new pair every 300-500 miles, but I think I was a little over this time...oops! Looks like I need to do another donation/closet clean out! Wonder what else I might find in there?! Hmmmm.......
But back to 102 MILES!!! That's the number of miles I have ran since my last chemo treatment 3 weeks ago! I am so stoked! I have to admit when I was first diagnosed and facing the daunting road of surgery/chemotherapy/radiation, the possibility of not being able to run did cross my mind. Not before "Oh Father, please help me!", or my family, or my health, but it did register in my brain. Maybe it's because it has become my only "me" time, or the fact that I'm doing something positive for my body and my mind, or maybe it's because it was the least serious on my new list of worries. But from the beginning I have prayed for strength and peace,
"Father God, please give me the strength to get through every day for myself and my family with optimism and positivity. Give me the peace of knowing that you will never leave me or forsake me."
And boy did He deliver! Praise God! I thank Him for the ability to run, and the strength to do so. I know it is only because of our Lord that I have sailed through surgery and chemo.

Yesterday after we picked up the boys from school, Katie and I continued on our Valentine treat making adventure. We melted white chocolate and milk chocolate (I really wanted dark but couldn't find it!) and half-dipped pretzel rods in it, laid them on wax paper, and sprinkled them with our leftover Valentine sprinkles. Kind of looks like a delicious chocolate bouquet!

We will be heading to STL at 5am tomorrow for (prayerfully) my last chemo treatment! I know I've said this before, but if ya'll could keep me in your prayers for good blood counts and a smooth and easy trip that would be awesome! I am BELIEVING GOD that will we have a great chemo treatment tomorrow! Thank you all so much for your continued prayers and encouragement. See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Fabulous show collection and homemade treats!!

Bridget said...

The new shoes are so pretty :)

Sending prayers your way for tomorrow!

Keri said...

I do love a good pair of Asics!! I have my last 3 pairs still in my closet and can't seem to get rid of them. I am due for a new pair.....may have to copy your very cute pink ones!

Between the cookies, pretzel rods and mexican yum...it makes me want to road trip to your place....as long as you can promise snow!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...