Monday, February 16, 2009

My Last Day 4

Praise God, this is my last Day 4! For those of you who don't know, day 4 of my chemotherapy cycles have been a little on the slow side. I have generally felt more tired and just yuckier on day 4. This LAST cycle was no exception. I have felt like total crap all day. I have been making myself eat all day because that's the only thing that seems to make my stomach feel better. When my stomach gets empty, I get nauseous. But eating isn't really any fun when nothing tastes good. :-( But this afternoon, I had a breakthrough! I had a sudden and very strange craving for...now don't judge...

A Beef Bologna Sandwich and Lay's Sour Cream & Onion Chips!

Crazy. I'm not even a bologna fan, but for some reason it sounded so good that I probably would have walked to the grocery store if my hubby hadn't been able to go fetch my craving! But he did, so here I sit...eating my bologna sandwich and chips. I can hardly believe it myself. But I feel so much better right now that I can't even tell you! LOL I don't even care at this point that my craving is completely devoid of nutritional value. I may even follow it with some chocolate pie that my mother-in-law made!
In hopes that I would feel better, about mid-afternoon, I got on the treadmill and walked for an hour today. It didn't really help, but it didn't hurt either so at least I can say I got some exercise in today. Well I'm off to watch the news and wait for my hubby to get home. I hope everyone has a good evening.

4 comments:

Mrs. LC said...

hahahaha girl, that is so gross!!! It's funny though, because I can just see you walking, trekking through blizzards, come heck or high water to get your bologna sandwich!! Glad it helped, sometimes you just have to do what makes your body get through the day (esp. day 4s!). PRAISE GOD you are done with Day 4s!! Love you girl!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I totally used to eat bologna sandwiches and sour cream & onion chips when I was a kid, so part of me thought that sounded good, haha :) Glad you made it through the day and how awesome that you walked for an hour too. You have really treated yourself well during this treatment and I know that has paid off and will continue to. Have a blessed day!

Unknown said...

I DID almost gag...but then I thought how fun for you! I hope you are feeling even better today! Praying it up for you.

Keri said...

Ok, that's hysterical!! I haven't had bologna in years.....gotta love a craving!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...