Wednesday, February 4, 2009

No School

Found out this afternoon that they have cancelled school for the rest of the week...yay! I can't help it, I like having my kids around. I'm kinda like a mama bird in that I like to have all my kids in the nest...constantly! Well, everybody needs a break every now and then but the majority of the time I like to have them here under my wing.

This morning I went back to my mom and dad's to use their treadmill; I ran 6 miles before coming home to clean up and get ready to start the day. Today we went to PB and made a quick Walmart run. My fave purchase: Arnold's Sandwich Thins!! I was so excited to see that they had them. I can't wait to try them. However, it prob won't be tonight. We had a late lunch at my fave Maya's and I am still full...and exhausted. Funny how I can run dozens of miles each week but a trip to PB completely wipes me out! Disgusts me. After lunch and Walmart, we went to Hibbett Sports so I could spend a gift card that my hubby got me for my birthday. I did spend it, on new shoes for Katie and Zachary! Hmmm, not quite what I had in mind, but you gotta do what you gotta do and they both needed new shoes. They grow so fast! Dang!

We are home now. I am relaxing in the recliner, watching the news...apparently Barry Bonds did use steroids...hmmmm, who'd have thought??! I got stuff at Walmart for us to make homemade calzones for dinner (thank you bunches for the idea, LC!) but right now I am too tired to move. So I don't know if it will happen tonight or not! If not we can make them tomorrow. Besides that, I am still full from lunch...that always happens when I go to Maya's, I overdo.

I am going to sign off, but continue to sit here and do nothing...except ask my sweet little daughter who's sitting right here playing her DS to go get me one of my other favorite purchases from WM...a Reese's peanut butter cup heart! Mmmmmm........ Have a good evening!

4 comments:

Mrs. LC said...

No prob. for the dinner idea m'dear! :)

I just got back from Walmart and almost got Reeses hearts for my hubs - he loves them!! However we STILL have candy leftover from Christmas!!

Bridget said...

Have fun with your kids this week and be careful in that weather!

I was just catching up on my reading- happy belated birthday! Feb. 1 was my husband's birthday, too :)

Unknown said...

Lucky you! I have been keeping my eyes peeled for the Arnold's sandwhich thins with no such luck...seems like the West Coast gets passed over on these things. Have a fun week!

Keri said...

I am one of those moms that loves having my kids around, too. When we had our "Hurrication" after Ike, I loved every second of it.

Enjoy being snowed in!! Send a little of that snow our way......and a Reeses while you're at it!!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...