Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sing Praise!




I just love this song! It came to mind instantly this morning when I was getting ready to type this post. Sing Praise! High Praise for our God who "never leaves us or forsakes us!" This upbeat song matches my mood today! Hallelujah, LORD!



As laid out by God's perfect timeline and His perfect will, I received my VERY LAST chemo treatment yesterday in STL!!! I am so totally excited to cross this part of my protocol off my list! I go back in 3 weeks to have another echo of my heart to make sure it is still not showing any side effects of the Herceptin, I am BELIEVING GOD that it will either show an improvement or the same. Also on that day we will set up my radiation. God is working and things are moving right along!


Treatment went well yesterday. We had labs, saw the doctor (and had many questions and things to talk about, so this took awhile!), and then went across the lobby for treatment. I was so excited to have Tiffany and her hubby come and sit with us for awhile because she was there getting all geared up for her stem cell transplant. Not excited that she's there, but excited that they came to visit for awhile. My nurse was so sweet when she was running in all my pre-meds to run the Benadryl in last so I wasn't conked out while they were there. They ended up leaving after awhile to go shopping (not fair!! haha!) while I got my Benadryl. And boy, did I get it! I was absolutely knocked out yesterday! I woke up like 2 1/2 hrs later and was still groggy! My hubby told me that they were starting the chemo drugs and asking him my name and birthdate (something they have to do) and I never even stirred. Cool! I slept over half the time. I'm not complaining...by the time I woke up I only had about an hour and a half left!



After we were finished, we headed home, but not before stopping at a BIG Dierberg's grocery store right outside of the city to see if they carried Chobani yogurt...SCORE!!! I piled a ton of them in the cart. I was totally impressed with the store, we will definitely be stopping here each time we head home. When we got to my mom and dad's to pick up the kids, the kids mobbed us! They were so excited to congratulate me on my last chemo! It was so sweet! Even Katie seemed to understand what a BIG day it was.

So today, I got up and made my family heart shaped chocolate chip pancakes, a Valentine's Day tradition at our house. Now I am just going to do a few things around the house and see how I feel. Nothing really sounds good to eat at the moment, so I'm going to go pantry and refrigerator searching and see what I can find! I appreciate all your prayers and encouragement more than you know...this blog has become such a blessing to me. So thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope ya'll have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!



5 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Enjoy your V-Day, immensely, dear Erica :-)

Melody said...

You Go Girl!! What an accomplishment! I know you are so glad to be done with this part of your journey. Praise God for all he is doing in your life!

Unknown said...

I love this song too! I wish I was a better singer though so when I belted it out my family didn't cringe so badly. I am so happy that you are done with the chemo treatments. Thanks for all of you love and encouragement too with being a mom and having a blog- it helps knowing people understand...esp people that are dealing with much more. Ummm your pancakes sound good, we had some chocolates for breakfast hee hee. Something yummy is on the menu for tonight, we are taking it easy though and ordering take-out. My kind of day. Have a great weekend with your family and know that you have lots of love and prayers coming to you from AZ!

Unknown said...

Yay! I have been praying and telling my girlfriends how amazing you are. God is good! Hang tight sister and keep the posts coming.

Anonymous said...

Hi Erica,

I noticed that you're a fan of Greek yogurt, and I'd love to send you some free coupons for Stonyfield Farm Oikos organic. It's the only ORGANIC Greek yogurt on the market today. We feel it's not only healthier for you, but better for the planet as well.

Just shoot me an email at Kdrociak@stonyfield.com if you're interested and let me know where to send them.

Take Care!
Kristina
Stonyfield Farm

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...