Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Possibilities

I am sitting here enjoying my first feeling-good day, aka no nausea medicine day, Hallelujah!! From here on out, it is better and better everyday. And, hopefully, no more cravings for bologna and chips! LOL

I got up this morning and had a wonderful bowl of oat bran, have I mentioned how much I LOVE this stuff? I smash up a banana and put in it and sprinkle the top with some cinnamon...mmmmm, delish. Then I put in a 6 mile run, half while listening to some new tunes I downloaded and half while watching my DH dvds. After I got cleaned up, I had a second breakfast and did a load of laundry. I know, exciting, right? But the highlight of my day is easily hands-down my Bible study. I have started a new one online with Beth Moore...LOVE LOVE her! It's called Living Beyond Yourself and it's amazing. She stated last week in her opening video that this series was specifically made for each of us to view at a specific time, whether it is with the audience she did the study with back in 2003 (when it was taped) or me, for example, viewing it some 6 years later. And boy do I believe it! She said something yesterday that I have already recited to several people because it holds so much hope and promise:

God's specialty is making impossibilities possible.

Ah, Sovereign Lord, of course it is! But I had to write that one down because no matter how dire or horrible a situation may seem, God is bigger than ALL OF IT! How comforting and marvelous that we serve a living God that can handle ANYTHING?! I don't know about you, but that makes me feel so.much.better. Instantly. Talk about taking a load off! And that's what He does perfectly: He takes our burdens and bears them Himself. We waste so much time and energy working, worrying, stressing, and such when all we have to do is simply BELIEVE HIM that He can handle it.

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

Seriously, this verse, and many others, has sustained me for the last 5 months. I have just been like a sponge, soaking it all up and rejoicing in the fact that I am His Child.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Erica,

I loved that study. I did that one on the heels of losing our 1st son minutes before he was born. I can remember being in those moments of just feeling His gracious, merciful arms around me and I would burry my head in the book of Isaiah and cry. This was my verse: Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint. Is 40:28-31

An everlasting God...that just makes me giddy. I'm glad to know you are feeling well. You are an amazing inspiration! Keep on runnin' sister!

Anonymous said...

Erica, I love that verse! I copied it down :) Thank you for your comments about my running -- I feel much better today. You are amazing and being able to witness the work God has done in your life has been amazing too!

Mrs. LC said...

OK I really need to do a Beth Moore study!

Hey - there's a girl, Jess, who has a blog - www.modelbehavior.com....today she posted that her step-mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I thought maybe you could go over to her blog and just let her know your story and that you'll be praying for her family??

Sorry is this is too forward or presumptive of me (I don't think it is...I think you and I think alike in the lines that God gives us our life stories and obstacles and chapters of life for a reason and can always be used for His glory).

P.S. haha maybe delete this comment/ don't let it show up publicly....

LOVE YOU GIRL!!!

Keri said...

I haven't done that study! Just started Esther on Wed. Sounds like it was a great day - good food, excercise, and nourishment for your soul!

Have you ever read Beth's book - Feathers from my nest? If not, let me know. I would love to send it to you......it's just about life as a mom and as a woman. It's great!!

Email me if you want it......kerijenkins@sbcglobal.net.

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...