Friday, November 16, 2012

Sleeping Post Mastectomy & SAVE RESEARCH!

Yo.

I’m not quite sure what I’m going to write about today, but I KNOW that I am so thankful it’s FRIDAY!

IMG_6383

(sunset last night…twas beautiful)

I really had no idea what day it was when I woke up this morning.  The hubby shut the alarm off sometime in the middle of the night so when it didn’t go off at 6, I just kept on snoozing.  He woke me up around 6:20 and told me what time it was.

I woke up in a state of confusion.  Do you ever do that?  I mean, really, I laid there going, “Do I need to get up now, or can I go back to sleep?  What day IS it??”

I asked Jack and he said, “It’s Friday.”  To which I groaned (because I had to get up), and got out of bed to make the coffee.

I have to say, it is so much easier the further I get from surgery, to get out of bed.  You really don’t realize how much you use your arms to do stuff like that.  I was doing the roll-to-the-edge thing for a while so I’m so happy that now I am better able to get up without help…or rolling.

And notice I said “bed” in the previous paragraph.  I am also thankful to be back in my own bed…and to be able to [kind of] sleep on my side!  For the first two and a half weeks, I slept here-

IMG_6396

This chaise lounge in our bedroom was perfect for me post-op.  It reclines back some so I stayed quite bundled and propped up with pillows in my little nest that I made.

In fact, here’s proof- Thanks, hubby. 

IMG_6398

Lovely.  And all nice and blurry like a nighttime camera phone photo should be.  Recovery at it’s finest right there, folks.

Speaking of recovery…

IMG_6390

 

I want to share one more thing with you today before I go…

A twitter friend, and fellow #BCSM-er (breast cancer social media), shared this link this morning to on her blog.  Go read it, and then go here.

2012-11-16_1231

I did.

2012-11-16_1054congress


Have a great start to your weekend, guys!

xoxo

IMG_6385

1 comments:

AnneMarie Ciccarella said...

AWESOME.... The more places this is shared, the more we can truly make a difference!!! I love your cocoon! I did the same thing in my post op days.....

Hope you heal quickly!

Hugs,

AnneMarie