Friday, November 16, 2012

Sleeping Post Mastectomy & SAVE RESEARCH!

Yo.

I’m not quite sure what I’m going to write about today, but I KNOW that I am so thankful it’s FRIDAY!

IMG_6383

(sunset last night…twas beautiful)

I really had no idea what day it was when I woke up this morning.  The hubby shut the alarm off sometime in the middle of the night so when it didn’t go off at 6, I just kept on snoozing.  He woke me up around 6:20 and told me what time it was.

I woke up in a state of confusion.  Do you ever do that?  I mean, really, I laid there going, “Do I need to get up now, or can I go back to sleep?  What day IS it??”

I asked Jack and he said, “It’s Friday.”  To which I groaned (because I had to get up), and got out of bed to make the coffee.

I have to say, it is so much easier the further I get from surgery, to get out of bed.  You really don’t realize how much you use your arms to do stuff like that.  I was doing the roll-to-the-edge thing for a while so I’m so happy that now I am better able to get up without help…or rolling.

And notice I said “bed” in the previous paragraph.  I am also thankful to be back in my own bed…and to be able to [kind of] sleep on my side!  For the first two and a half weeks, I slept here-

IMG_6396

This chaise lounge in our bedroom was perfect for me post-op.  It reclines back some so I stayed quite bundled and propped up with pillows in my little nest that I made.

In fact, here’s proof- Thanks, hubby. 

IMG_6398

Lovely.  And all nice and blurry like a nighttime camera phone photo should be.  Recovery at it’s finest right there, folks.

Speaking of recovery…

IMG_6390

 

I want to share one more thing with you today before I go…

A twitter friend, and fellow #BCSM-er (breast cancer social media), shared this link this morning to on her blog.  Go read it, and then go here.

2012-11-16_1231

I did.

2012-11-16_1054congress


Have a great start to your weekend, guys!

xoxo

IMG_6385

1 comment:

AnneMarie said...

AWESOME.... The more places this is shared, the more we can truly make a difference!!! I love your cocoon! I did the same thing in my post op days.....

Hope you heal quickly!

Hugs,

AnneMarie

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...