Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I’m [Trying To Be] A Patient Patient

Hello! 

Woke up this morning and did a little side-view inspection…  You know, since I got a little fill on Monday.
 IMG_6373

Eh, not much to look at yet.  But someday!

This morning I had a wonderful walk with my friend, Sue.  We walked and talked and ended up walking 5.5 miles!  Glorious!  And while it really is wonderful, I keep finding myself wanting to break into a run.  But I’m not.  I’m trying to be a very patient, well…patient! 

IMG_6357


In talking to the wonderful Dr. Marissa at my appointment on Monday, I asked her when I could run again.  She actually said that I could try to go SLOWLYYYYY for 5-10 minutes and see how it feels, but no pushing it or doing more than that…I’m still pretty early, only 3 weeks post-op.  She also doesn’t want my heart rate or my blood pressure up.  I think I’m just going to stick to walking. As much as I want to go for a run, I really don’t want to mess anything up.  I don’t want ripped stitches, infections, or my expander to end up in my armpit so I think I’m just going to wait this one out.  It’s sucks, but I’ll make it.  Nice and easy walking for me!  My lower body will just have to be ok with it.

Sue and I did pretty good this morning, with our 5.5 miles….

2012-11-14 002

It is so beautiful this week!  Yes, it quite freezing in the morning [or below freezing, actually], but it warms up just a touch during the day and is gorgeous.  And not a cloud in the sky.  Days like this week make me so happy.  Days like this give me hope and peace, and that’s always good.

I’m off to tackle Mt. Laundry. Oy.

doing-laundry-in-2012

See you guys later!

xoxo

IMG_6256

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...