Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer Shape Up

Hey y’all!  I woke up this morning to a still-sore ankle and sunshine…

…I chose to focus on the sunshine. Smile Sun

My boys left for an all day basketball shootout around 7, and I hit the coffee pot hard after they left.  Katie and I are skipping out on the shootout today.  It’s an hour drive over crappy roads, and then tonight we have a baseball game at 6 so we opted out…plus we have the same shootout for three Tuesdays in a row, so we’ll catch the next one.

Something else I hit hard after my boys left, my #SheReadsTruth Bible study:

IMG_2919

I am so beyond thankful that I serve a God that allows me to take refuge in Him.  I said more than once during my year of treatment that I felt like I just hid beneath His robe; seeking comfort from my Savior and letting Him calm my fears.  I am so thankful that my God is there…every.single.time.

On a completely different note, my run streak may be over, but workouts continue of course!

Today I started Fitnessista’s Summer Shape Up 2012!  I have been a reader of Gina’s for a long time, and she was one of a few blog friends that really stepped up and encouraged me throughout my diagnosis and treatment for breast cancer.  Though we’ve never met, I consider her a friend.  Isn’t that weird how that happens?

Gina puts together a bangin’ workout, and since I’m always looking for a little something new, her Summer Shape Up fits the bill perfectly. 2012-06-12 001

I was sweating my booty off during this workout.  All the moves are done as super-sets…so that means little to no break between moves.  Just.keep.moving. 

I got out my trusty ankle brace this morning and walked for 10 minutes at 12-15% incline at a slow 3 mph to warm up, then did the moves that Gina had demonstrated and laid out, then finished up with 30 minutes of HITT (doing 1:30 at 12% and :30 secs at 15%).  Who says you have to run to get your heart rate up there?!  Wow!  It was a good one! 

TOTAL DISTANCE: 2 miles
TOTAL TIME: 40:00
AVERAGE SPEED: 3 mph
AVERAGE HR: 162 Red heart 

Like I said…sweaty beast.

IMG_2934
And yes, I wore my CANCER SUCKS BondiBand today on purpose.

Yes, cancer, you still suck.

This is my feeling at this very moment:

IMG_2932

Booyah.

Have you done your breast self-exam lately?  Or are you due for your mammogram??  Just.Do.It.

Love you!

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...