Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Let’s Catch Up ~ #SheReadsTruth Edition

Hey!  Looks like I’m still playing catch-up from the weekend!

And I’m not just talking about this blog.  You should have seen the laundry that has come out of my laundry room the past 24 hours.  It.was.brutal.

The reason for the massive mountain of dirty clothes that has come down the laundry chute and led to me getting soooooo far behind?  The three young’uns that reside upstairs decided to clean their rooms.  Geezzzzz…  Every time they head upstairs to clean, I may as well just make room in the laundry room and get comfortable, because I will be there for days. 

Yesterday, though, I had a new strategy:  I waited until I had about 4 loads done and then called all the kids in the living room.  I then sat the mountain of clean clothes in the middle of the floor and told them to have fun. Smile  They had to pick out all of their clothes and then neatly fold them and put them away.  They looked at me like I was crazy. 

I liked it.

Will this work the next time there are dirty clothes that need to be thrown down?  I don’t know, but it sure was fun yesterday. Winking smile


Another, completely unrelated thing on which to catch-you up…

2012-06-26_1949shereadstruthheader


I have still been working on the Soul Detox study and will finish it tomorrow on Day 35.

2012-06-26 001

 

And the new study we are following through YouVersion, Living A Surrendered Life, is ahhhh-mazing.  We started it last Thursday, but just like Soul Detox, you can join in at anytime!  The very first DAY of LASL captured my attention and again, captured my heart.  On day 1 the topic was WORRY, and God had my complete attention.  Every day has been something different that speaks to me so perfectly.

2012-06-26 0011


The bottom line I am getting from this study right now is simply this:

GOD HAS A PLAN.

I am so glad.  I am so relieved that I don’t have to stress and worry about anything…and although I do sometimes, I KNOW that He’s got this.  He’s got everything covered, there’s nothing He has forgotten.  And He’s not startled by anything.  Hallelujah.  My heart breaks for those who don’t know that peace.

IMG_3037


Are you doing any of the YouVersion studies?  If not, you totally should! Smile


Oh- and in case you’re wondering, my foot/leg still looks like this, IMG_3245


Unless I go to the river, and then it looks like this, IMG_3189

Shhhh, don’t tell my doctor Winking smile

xoxo

1 comment:

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

I am so thankful that you, Sarah (Mama Pea) and others have shared #SheReadsTruth. I have YouVersion on my phone and Kindle and never tried their reading plans before but I started this one and it's great. It is specifically helping me deal with the pain from my miscarriage earlier this year. God is so good and like you, I grieve for those who do not know Him. I could not be where I am today without Him!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...