Sunday, September 4, 2011

Run, Interrupted

This morning I was so excited to get to do my long run with my family!

Tyler volunteered to drive me [imagine that!] to meet up with Layne and Brett – and Jessa who ended up not making it but made up for it with a bangin’ 6-miler on the treadmill.  We all had made plans to meet up and do our long runs together.

Layne and Brett had 9 miles on their schedule in training for the STL Rock N Roll 1/2 Marathon.  I was going to run with them and see how my ankle felt at nine, then go from there – hopefully.

I was cruising along, with my ankle feeling fine and dandy when the run was interrupted at:
 IMG_3064

All of a sudden, it felt like a razor blade sliced open the back of my heel.  I tried to go a couple more steps but it was not happening. 

After I removed my shoe, brace, and sock,
 IMG_3063

This is what I found,

IMG_3065

Yeowwww-chhhh!  Oh.my.word.  This is like the mother of all blisters that formed completely out of nowhere and ruined my run that was feeling oh so good.

IMG_3066

I was so sad. Sad smile  Dangit.  IMG_3071

Luckily since I was running with others, they went to get the car while I sat and pouted stayed strong. 

Obviously, the blister was the negative today.  But the positive is that my ankle felt really good, and cooler weather is coming in this week so a little healing for the blister, some extra healing for the ankle, and some cooler temps should make for an extra-good long run later this week.

See?  Positive. Smile

Have a good Labor Day holiday tomorrow, guys!

xoxo

1 comment:

Keri said...

Oh girl!! That looks so painful! Yikes! You have got to be the most determined person I've ever known. I so wish I had a little more of that in me!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...